Best Quiet return pump is?

So I would like to know what return pump is quite. I would rather like for someone that has the pump up and running to give there actual experience for all of us to know. Right now I'm using a Rio 3100 for a 60 gal cube. It's a good pump and does its job but there's that vibrating/humming noise, and to top it all off I have laminate flooring so there's no rug absorbing that humming. So the more quiet it gets in my house the louder that pump gets. So let me know whats recommended in your experience since I'll be swapping out pumps..thanks

Tunze, reef octopus water blaster, eheim. Probably forgetting a couple, but these were pretty quiet from my experience

Only one I remember humming to the point where I'm trying to find ways to quiet it down were mag pumps

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

im running a vectra L1 on a 220g, even at 100% that thing is silent. the loudest thing in my sump is the sicce 3 on the aquamaxx Q3 skimmer. honestly think thats the quietest pump you can get before you reach the stupid money of the red dragons.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Vectra M1. If I turn my skimmer and fans off I can not even hear my tank at all.

I think a Fluval SP2 would be perfect for your tank. They are quiet and reliable... maybe not as quiet as a dc pump.

For a 60 gallon tank, the M1 is over kill...The tunze 1073.040 should be enough; Even the 1073.020 is OK assuming you have enough power heads for flow. They are pretty cheap nowadays and man they are quiet and last a long time. They are also tiny....they fit any where. DCT-4000 is more than enough and that is a DC pump....Cheap with performance, but you want to have a backup laying around using Jebao products....

I am running the Jecod 8000. I had a Jebao 6000 that ran for 2 years and then quit. I was able through Amazon to replace the 6000 with the 8000 the same day via Amazon Prime. So the reliability is not as good as some but the price is a winner and down time was a mere 8-10 hours. The 8000 is so quiet that when I turned it on before placing it in the water I had to feel it to see if it was running. Also, this pump adds 1 degree to the water temp. I have two very accurate temp probes in my refugium with one on the jecod/jebao 8000 and the other 10 inches and two glass partitions away.
Has anyone tried the Jebao DC return pumps? Wonder how good and quiet they are?

Delfino Delights

Aquatic Displays and Design
I'd recommend the Current USA eFlux DC Flow Pump, I have it running in a 180gal salt water tank for slightly over a year with no issues to this day and it's whisper quiet. It also gives you the option to throttle the pump. And you save electricity, go green ! :)

five.five-six

2020 Philanthropist
Personaly the tunze but I love tunze everything. Even the jebo are hard to hear. Lots of choices for silent pumps these days.

Latest posts