Butterfly only feeder ideas?

Hi Guys :)
I'm playing around w some ideas that feed mysis to only my CBB. While he eats mysis like a boss and fights my clown tang for it.. I end up feeding the tank too much , or spot feeding him to make sure he gets enough. So looking for ideas to make a mysis holder he can get into, but not my other fish.
Anybody rigged something that would work mysis?
TIA :)

This was a bust.. mysis settles to bottom and he is too dumb to go up under and find the bottom hole. Needs to come straight at it I guess :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get one of the those blackworm feeder strainers. I drilled a couple of small holes into strainer. Worked for me

The worm feeder works. I would put mysis shrimp in there. And I think my tangs would get pissed, they would try their hardest to get out of there. After a while the tangs would get over it, and the copperband would take it's turn.

lol thanks guys! Will buy a worm cone and give it a shot :) meantime I rigged a tube w holes at bottom. So far Dumby keeps tagging the plastic instead of the holes.. then cleaner wrasse pulls them out and they fight for it :/ I think the wrasse will eat himself to death now.. lol
The CBB is blind to the holes at the bottom of tube and getting pissed!

gabloo

Copperband are pretty smart, give them some time. My guys took about 2 - 3 weeks to figure out what to do lol. Here is how I feeding my copperband. No one can get any meal until he pull them out. However, my other fish are getting smart too. As soon as he pull out food, they would attach him until he let go lol.

[video=youtube;2cXjGVb_9D0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cXjGVb_9D0[/video]

Thanks! I'll be patient I guess lol
I feed my whole tank at the time I load the feeder or else it's an all out cage match over each mysis that comes out lol
#thugtanglife

This was a bust.. mysis settles to bottom and he is too dumb to go up under and find the bottom hole. Needs to come straight at it I guess :/

Very good idea like butterfly but don't have any luck with them so I stop trying. Only tried twice

Latest posts