User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: High ph

  1. #1
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Name
    kd
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default High ph

    I have high ph over 8.5 and i have fishes in my tank, tank have been running for about a month now i was wondering how do i lower it

    Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Name
    Matt
    Location
    Riverside
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    How are monitoring/testing your PH? If it's a probe, when was it last calibrated?

  3. #3
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Name
    Sonny
    Location
    Laguna Niguel
    Posts
    189
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wouldn't try to make ph changes at this point. It's borderline on the high side but doesn't justify action at this point other then getting the reading verified.
    That's what I think and I think I'm right

  4. #4
    Premium Member Smite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Name
    Matt
    Location
    Garden Grove
    Posts
    2,551
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have huge flow in my tank that causes micro bubbles during the day. That and my over sized skimmer shoot my pH up to 8.6 daily. I don't have any problems with fish or the mixed reef. It drops down to 8.1-8.2 in the night. I wouldn't worry about it.
    ~48x24x20 100 SCA mixed reef~
    8x54 ATI Sunpower/Reefbrite Tech 30g AA Sump Apex Controller GEO 6x18 Calcium Reactor Rev 4 L2 Turbo ATS Vortech mp40qd(2)/Vectra M1 Gyre 150/IceCap BM Curve 9/Doser BRS Carbon Reactor

  5. #5
    Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Name
    Hyren Dale
    Location
    Bellflower, Ca
    Posts
    2,257
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with everyone else, don't do anything to it. Let the tank takes its course especially its still new. Also try calibrating your pH probe or test with test kit.
    SCRK member

  6. #6
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Name
    Gary
    Location
    Arcadia
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    99% of the time, messing with the pH will be more detrimental than not. The remaining 1% is usually when the aquarist fucks up (HCL acid to clean, Kalk aiptasia, etc.). Agree with everyone else, don't mess with it

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •