High ph

kd5o4

I have high ph over 8.5 and i have fishes in my tank, tank have been running for about a month now i was wondering how do i lower it

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

I wouldn't try to make ph changes at this point. It's borderline on the high side but doesn't justify action at this point other then getting the reading verified.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I have huge flow in my tank that causes micro bubbles during the day. That and my over sized skimmer shoot my pH up to 8.6 daily. I don't have any problems with fish or the mixed reef. It drops down to 8.1-8.2 in the night. I wouldn't worry about it.

I agree with everyone else, don't do anything to it. Let the tank takes its course especially its still new. Also try calibrating your pH probe or test with test kit.

99% of the time, messing with the pH will be more detrimental than not. The remaining 1% is usually when the aquarist fucks up (HCL acid to clean, Kalk aiptasia, etc.). Agree with everyone else, don't mess with it

Wow. Usually I always read low pH. Oxygen usually raises pH. So less suffice agitation would help lower it. How much idk.

Latest posts