Which one would you buy?

I am going to buy new pumps, which one would you choose and why?

XF250 Gyre
Neptune wav starter kit

I have apex controller, my tank 72x24x24"
which would be better
Thanks
:

its all base on personal preference and your budget. I've been using Tunze pumps in my tanks. my 150g used two 6095 with a 6215 wave box, my 55g had two 6055 with a 6206 wave box. and my current tank which is a nano runs a 6040 and 6055. I hear lots of good things with Gyre but I see lots of them go for sale used as well. Also tried and trued you cant go wrong with either a few ecotech mp40s or a couple mp60s.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Neptune all the way. Being able to fully control your pumps via the apex is awesome.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Price out the Gyre including the IceCap controller for apex when comparing the two. If it wasn't for the icecap to apex attachment my gyre150 would have been replaced with another mp40qd quickly. If you leave plenty of open water in the top half of your tank, the Gyre kicks butt and performs like it should. The performance drop of is huge without cleanings but they come with 2 sets of impellers and cages for that reason. It makes maintenance easier but you still gotta be on top of it. I swap mine every other week.

I'm running 4x wavs on my 72x24x30 and they are awesome. Controlling them is so easy and water movement is nice. Some have complained about humming but I haven't had any problems with them. Powering them with the 1link also keeps the place tidy. Gyros move the water differently, in a way I really like. But I also read that they are problematic and have to be cleaned all the time. I went with wavs over vortechs, tunzes and gyres. Happy with the choice. Hope this helps

john0087

I was in the same boat last night. This morning I saw that marine depot had the Gyres on sale, so I pulled the trigger. For less than an MP40, I got a XF230 with controller and additional xf230 pump. Probably overkill on my 48" 60gal bit it will replace all 4 of my korallias. Not apex programmable, so that kinda sucks but I like the slimmer look than the wave and mp40. I'll let you all know tomorrow when it arrives.

Thank you for all the comment, I'm sure there are pros and cons for those two. I decided to go with Wav, I like the idea to be able to control the pumps via apex, and one day being able to hook apex return pump to 1link.