What's a good RODI resin

What is a good RODI resin to use? I bought some on eBay and it doesn't last as long as the one that came with the unit. I am going to purchase more. So I thought I would ask what everyone uses first. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I've always used BRS DI Resin. What's your TDS going into the DI resin?

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
test the ads coming out of your ro membrane. if that number is high it will kill your di faster. spectruapure sell high cap di resin but does not change color you have to test the ads ever so often or use a inline ads meter. but hand held are more accurate.
I've always used BRS DI Resin. What's your TDS going into the DI resin?

Question would it be cheaper to buy the di filters on eBay or just fill them up at a shop for 10. Cuz the bag on eBay is 40. So now sure how many times I will be able to fill my filter with that bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used BRS DI media but it didn't last long or maybe because my membrane was shot and I was running low pressure. I remember it lasted about 3 months. Currently running a booster pump now at 85psi my tap is 287 TDS and before the DI is down to 3 TDS then 0 TDS after DI. I've been using spectrapure max cap filter kit and I've replaced my silicate buster 9 months ago. But replaced my sediment and carbon filter every 6 months.

CoralNerd

CoralNerd
Supporter
I've used BRS DI media but it didn't last long or maybe because my membrane was shot and I was running low pressure. I remember it lasted about 3 months. Currently running a booster pump now at 85psi my tap is 287 TDS and before the DI is down to 3 TDS then 0 TDS after DI. I've been using spectrapure max cap filter kit and I've replaced my silicate buster 9 months ago. But replaced my sediment and carbon filter every 6 months.

I thought the PSI was expose to be at 60 PSI. I'm running my SpectraPure setup at 60psi and before DI I can only get it down to 8 and after DI 0. Would I be better off at 85PSI?

Latest posts