Fritz RPM salt dkh .... help

Hey anybody using this salt just mixed 20 gal to 0.26 and dkh is 7.7
Has anybody tested a batch they have maid?

I sent a email to fritz regarding what dkh range passes there quality controll.

I'm sick of salt mixes lol

If you are not mixing the entire contents of the box, you are not really able to make the diagnosis that there is a problem. Salt elements can settle during transit. It is always best to buy salt that is packaged in the quantity that you will be mixing.

Thanks I was thinking that was a factor. But who makes batches of 200 gal? I do a 10 gal water change each week and mix up a 20 gal batch. I mixed the bag up really good waited 12 hours till test. How long is it safe to keep saltwater stored ? I'll get a bigger mixing barrel but 200 gal is alot of watter for me.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
I tested a couple boxes of fritz salt for the LARS club. I found it to be lower than advertised in calcium, alk, and magnesium. I, like many, don't mix entire boxes at a time so I was a little disappointed. Found that I had to mix more than my normal 2.5 cups to reach 1.026 salinity. I buffered it like I normally do anyway for most salts so no harm no foul.

All in all I have been using this salt for about a month now and I like it. As with any salt I recommend you test all batches going into your tank. You should also mix the boxes or buckets you have before scooping from it.

www.LAreefsociety.org

All Delight

I mix about a quarter of the box and my parameters are all less than what they advertise on multiple boxes.

Works out for me though since I run my alk at around 7.5.

Latest posts