Micro Brittle stars

dbk07

Hey all, where could I get some of the brittle stars that would have come if I started with live rock? I started up a 10 gallon nano a month ago using dry rock and seeding with the bottle bacteria. The live sand bag I used was was over a year old, so I have no critters. I checked out ipsf but looks too rich for my blood.

dbk07

So chaeto or live rock would be easiest? I just dont know about the live rock though. Feels like it defeats the purpose of starting with macro rocks.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
they'll find their way in your tank eventually sooner than later. usually from frags. Another option is to get a scoop of sand from a fellow reefer or some rubble

Last edited:
I have a ton in my frag tank. They're always under my plugs. Let me know if you want to stop by, I'll find some for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbk07

I really appreciate it but I never find myself going that far north haha but I might just take you up on that offer

reefhound

I actually just went to the LFS and picked up a bag of macro.. sifted thru it and got about 15
my starry blenny has wiped out my population, eaten the legs off my emeralds, and the starfish.. he went back too. little fat bastard

fly5150. I'll take you up on your offer if it's cool. There was a guy selling them 20 for $10 here in OC but he was always only available after work like 1AM. Worked at a restaurant if I remember right. Anyway. Let me know. Pm box is full by the way.

Latest posts