Rainbow Acan Color Up Challenge - Free Frag to supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Hey SCR!
We are starting a new color up challenge!

It will be FREE* to current supporters with a minimum of 50 posts and have an updated tank build thread.

This time will be a rainbow acan since there hasnt been one in a while and its one of the most challenging corals to color up or keep alive. So who is up for the challenge?? We will have 18 frags (2 heads). The challenge will last 3 months and at the end we will vote for the best color! To make sure people actually participate, we will require a deposit of $35 and will be refunded at the end of the challenge. Participants must post a picture every two weeks to show progress. If they fail to do so they will forfeit the deposit. If the coral dies however, they will receive a refund as long as they update before the picture due date. Please add your username below if you would like to participate.

***The winner will receive a cool looking banner under their name and a T-shirt (Mike will be shipping to you). But that's not all! Jayson was also nice enough to offer $50 coral credit to the winner!

<----- Like this banner but much cooler. ***

Jayson [MENTION=6252]JDEllis[/MENTION] Ellis Aquatics to offer such a nice piece at cost, he even fragged them and is gluing them as I type. Please only add your name if you are truly interested. Will update as soon as they are ready to pick up. Pick up location will be at Ellis Aquatics.

I'll leave you with this beauty...

(The deposit will go to Mike [MENTION=1]EyeReef[/MENTION] once we have all the spots filled up. He will also handle the refunds)

Let the challenge begin!

1. [MENTION=6904]Zoarder[/MENTION]

Last edited:
awesome. my tank would totally kill this off instantly, but i look forward to seeing everyone else's kick *** progress!

1. Zoarder
2. Six2seven
3. InnerSpark
4. M3ace9
5. Reefes Pieces
6. F-Dawg

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
This is going to be fun.... Hmm just realized where the pick up location was. Maybe I can get [MENTION=1548]reef[/MENTION]espieces to pick mine up for me or someone closer if they sign up?

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
To pretty for me to kill, lol! Acans just arent happy in my tank.

Great reef karma Ellis Aquatics. I'm looking forward to the contest. My $$ is on whoever has those Chinese box leds!

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
To pretty for me to kill, lol! Acans just arent happy in my tank.

Great reef karma Ellis Aquatics. I'm looking forward to the contest. My $$ is on whoever has those Chinese box leds!
Speaking of LED's, I will be rebuilding mine during this comp as its on my Christmas vacation todo list.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
The frags are looking great here are some pics I took over the weekend!

These are under Kessils with 3 ATI t5s, one of those bulbs is the E5.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I'm in
1. Zoarder
2. Six2seven
3. InnerSpark
4. M3ace9
5. Reefes Pieces
6. F-Dawg
7. Reeferfourlife
8. Rakie
9. solitude127

Speaking of LED's, I will be rebuilding mine during this comp as its on my Christmas vacation todo list.
Make sure to throw up a good build thread! I'm always looking for good clear pics for ideas on LED setups!

Zoarder those frags look nice! Historically, Acans have never loved my tank -- so this is a bit of a double challenge for me lol.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Make sure to throw up a good build thread! I'm always looking for good clear pics for ideas on LED setups!

Zoarder those frags look nice! Historically, Acans have never loved my tank -- so this is a bit of a double challenge for me lol.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
Look into my 75 gallon build. I'm using the same formats just have to figure out why I have 2 dead stains of LED's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts