breaking up solid salt

Anyone have any good ideas of how to break up a tub of reef crystals that have become as hard as a rock in its tub. I am guessing that the lid was not tight and moisture got into it. It is hard as a rock and tried breaking it up with hammer and screwdriver with little success. Any suggestions, besides throw it out and get a new tub.

I wonder if you could flip the bucket and knock the sheet out of it with a hammer and get the whole clump to fall out. Then just drop into some water and dissolve it with a powerhead. I've got a similiar bucket about 1/3rd full that I'm going to have to figure out how to deal with it as well.

If you do manage to crush it into usable particles it will be low in calcium, alkalinity and magnesium. When salt solidifies it forms non water soluble crystals that will only dissolve if you radically lower the pH. It would still be usable but you will need to supplement the big three and most likely the trace elements will also be low.

Put it in the sun my brand new bag of tropic marin was solid put in son for 1 day good as new

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk