Green algae help

Unioncy

It's been a long time since I have posted, but need to get some opinions on this issue. I see some other posts and it looks like the more info I give the better.
For the past month I have been dealing with what I believe is green algae. At one point I had a lot of red slime algae which ended killing of a few soft corals.
My tank is about 4 years in. 24 gallon Cardiff tank. I do thorough water changes anywhere from 7 - 10 days 20%. Red Sea mix / ro.
For a little more than a year I used nopox which helped my tank stay nice and clean. I did cut back from a daily / every other day to about once a week. ( zoas ) were not liking it. I also use code a and b with some vitamins and minerals.
Did a water test and all my levels are fine. No nitrates or anything. At this point it's probably a phosphate issue. One store told me to keep doing nopox and water changes. I also went to another store and bought chemiclean which I did twice ( once a month ). That seemed to have taken care of most of the red algae, but the green is still lingering.
The only thing I can think of before all this broke out was I did start using selcon which is beneficial for the fish. Perhaps I over dosed? I used it about twice a week.
I do feed pretty often which was about once daily. Soft pellets and sometimes mysis. I have cut back to about every other day.
In my tank I have 2 small clowns, pygmy, small tang, few snails, red small sea star and peppermint shrimp. I do I have an anemone but doesn't seem to be doing well at the moment.
Can't think of anything else I can add. Any type of advice would help a lot.

Attachments

You got GHA. Best thing to do is find out where your phosphate is coming from. That's most likely what the gha thrives on. What I done is manually picked off as much gha from the rock while siphoning during a water change. I also dose API algaefix which greatly helped out.

Unioncy

You got GHA. Best thing to do is find out where your phosphate is coming from. That's most likely what the gha thrives on. What I done is manually picked off as much gha from the rock while siphoning during a water change. I also dose API algaefix which greatly helped out.
Thanks for the reply.

I have pulled some of it out. Seems to be growing back

Unioncy

add anything new? anything died?
No nothing has died other than my anenome today. Can't think of anything else that I have added that is new. I really have been doing the same thing for about 4 years now and have never had a problem.

Today I have gone trough and pulled most of it off. Scrubbed the rocks with a firm tooth brush. Did a water change and added nopox. I'll continue no pox now on a daily regiment. Let's see if this will take care of the issue.

Latest posts