Brewers yeast ??

I spent a good hour plus talking to Garretts acropolis @RAP and we discussed his addition of yeast to his corals(feeding) ,and the benifits he has seen. any body have good experiences? , bad experience? How much to add per gallons? What's a good yeast brand ? Any comments welcomed ..

BeanMachine

Supporter
I spent a good hour plus talking to Garretts acropolis @RAP and we discussed his addition of yeast to his corals(feeding) ,and the benifits he has seen. any body have good experiences? , bad experience? How much to add per gallons? What's a good yeast brand ? Any comments welcomed ..
I remember Steve telling me just get it at the grocery store.

BeanMachine

Supporter
I remember Steve telling me just get it at the grocery store.

organism

2020 POTM
Dammit double posts again? I can write code if this forum needs a code monkey to fix that along with the bots...

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
If you are going to do it, make sure to mix it up well in a separate container, to not directly dose. Steve found that directly dosing lead to some issues with peeling in some acros. Bit would get logged in the coral and kill off that part.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
I have been doing it for almost a year now when Steve and I had a long talk about it. My pod population is insane. I dose a pinch directly to my refuge about every other day. I had it set up on a auto doser for sometime as well just need to find the doser so I can do it again.

Just ordered some ,arrives tomorrow .. I'll start with small amounts and see how it goes..hope I purchased the right kind ??

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
So yeast from the supermarket should work just as well?
yup, I been getting mine at my local supermarket. Been lazy and cheap and don't want to pay shipping and handling. To add to what innerspark said, and steve, my tank is about 3-4 months old, and the pod population is that of a mature tank. I pick up frag plugs and look under, and they are covered in them.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
So yeast from the supermarket should work just as well?
yup, I been getting mine at my local supermarket. Been lazy and cheap and don't want to pay shipping and handling. To add to what innerspark said, and steve, my tank is about 3-4 months old, and the pod population is that of a mature tank. I pick up frag plugs and look under, and they are covered in them.