Fishyfishfish.com?

Anyone visited fishyfishfish.com in San Clemente. On Craigslist it says it opened on December 12. Sounds pretty fishy to me. I will try to get by there on Friday or Saturday and will post an update.

Tried to contact store today, called them several times after they were supposed to be open, 1 to 4 Tuesday through Saturday and left several messages and an email with no response. I am glad I did not drive there as I am sure it would of been a waste of time. They have a Web site and craigslist presence, not sure if they really exist or are really open.

If the website are showing the current stores hours that kinda make it hard to visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally received a call a out 3:45 from the owner. Sounds like they are having a very soft opening. Single guy, no employees with limited hours and very limited livestock right now. But I will give him some time to work it out as South Orange County could use every lfs we can get.

Finally dropped by today. Not quite a store yet. There is no sign, it is upstairs, kind of in the back of a weird building. I could not initially find the store until I called and the owner called me back and met me outside. He seems like a nice guy, but not much to the store. There were maybe 10 tanks, mostly completely empty except for sand. Virtually no livestock of any kind. I wish them the best of luck, but they have to have something to sell in order for me to buy something.

LBFish

I can't comment on the store or it's hours. But I did buy a SCA PNP tank from them recently for a great price. It is a one man shop and if I recall he also does aquarium setups and maintenance. That is how he got his start, now he is trying to get a LFS up and going. Super nice guy, very friendly and helpful. He actually delivered to the tank to my house. When I had questions on putting the stand together, he called to help out and took pictures of some stands he had in his shop and sent them to me. Hopefully he can get the store stocked and up and running properly.

Hopefully he can get going we need more LFS south of Irvine hell.
Doubtful more legitimate LFS will open down there.. The retail rent is 2-3x versus the north OC average. Plus they are hardcore about zoning down there so retail must be retail and LFS can't get away with opening in a commercial/industrial.

Latest posts