additives question.

merry christmas guys,

so ive been thinking about using some additives to help the SPS i have in the tank grow and look better, but which to get? the obvious would be the KZ blue bottle and have been looking at the coral vits ( http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/coral-vits-prodibio.html) any help would be appreciated

tank:
72x24x30 220g (260g water volume)
aquamaxx Q3 skimmer
3x kessil A360 (9:30am 15%, 12:00 50%, 17:00 35%, 21:30 15% off)
4x 80w T5s (bulbs are on for 4.5 hours a day, except the front two, i leave them on an extra hour for the clams.)
40g refuge with pulsing xenias in it

params: as of last monday 12/11/16
cal : 430
alk : 8.4 dkh
PH : 8.1-8.3
temp 78f
nit : 0.1
phos : 0.00
running carbon and gfo
2g kalk with 3tsp.
been dosing 10ml of reef nutrition phyto for the clams for 3 days now

stock:

2x 2" clowns
2x 3" yellow tangs
1x 3" purple tang
6x 1.5" chromis
1x 1.5" cleaner wrasse
2x urchins
4x small clams
2x shrimps

various corals.(i'll post pics later)
i feed the lps reef chilli like once a week, every now and then ill spot feed mysis for the acans, plate and nems

KZ-Korallen zucht have a a stand alone kit call "complete coral system" looks very interesting and less maintenance compared to their legacy product that been proven to be very successful.

Aqua forest and Triton product line have also, been gaining traction as of late. Its seems like nowadays, manufacturer are touting complete system method with a full line up from salt to additives to color enhancement.

***Apparently I can't read. Disregard my comments about the Kessils haha

But I have quite a few friends that like the Red Sea Coral Colors.

Personally I think the KZ products are terribly overpriced.

Last edited:
@ bean:
How much longer would you advaise for the T5s?
I agree, KZ us expensive, but if it works.... I just have no experience with anything. 500ml would last me 9 weeks.
Also curious to know what you said about the kessils lol
[MENTION=5085]newtothis[/MENTION]:
I honestly think I'll go with a complete system. So many things I don't know. Would be better to get a complete package then get it wrong. I really want to find a good brand to establish in my tank. In the future I'll be able to see results and pick up what I need.
I did look at the aquaforest stuff too, since I'm using there salt. Cal/alk have been good so far. So haven't even plugged in the doser yet. For that I picked the EVS. It seems to me that aquaforest are producing a line to work in conjunction with all of their products. Salt+123+additives. Plus I don't want to go all out in one company (cent maybe Neptune... They just work so well with each other....)

Latest posts