Another Alert from my Apex on Power Fail

I got an alert today from my apex that power went out and of course when I got the alert the power restored already. My router and VOIP is on APC back up already. So I have a DIY battery back up for my MP40 and want to link it to my Apex since it also have a 12v input on the base unit so I can get the email when the power outage happens not after it restores.

Have anyone tried this before?? Thoughts?? Will I be able to monitor temp while the power is down??

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
If your power is out in your area, won't you internet be down from the street to your house?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Theres a website that monitors your apex. When the power goes out/loses contact, it will alert you through the website, not your house. [MENTION=824]o2manyfish[/MENTION] what was that website again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your power is out in your area, won't you internet be down from the street to your house?

kenny that will be the problem no internet = no apex
Good Point guys!!! Never thought of that and I'm on copper still

So I log into my router/gateway and check the event logs and at the time my alert I see port 2 (Apex) and 4 (printer) was lost. It looks like my router stay up along with my reeflink as they are plug into the APC. I have to look into if my internet provider have battery back around my area and along my backhaul path. I did unplug my cable that runs into my house from provider and my router log a "lost DNS" event. I didn't see any DNS lost event log when power went out. So I'm thinking internet was still good during the power outage.

On the other hand I found a thread on Neptune forum that Belkin makes a battery back up that plugs right into Apex base unit with no modifications. Best news is that I have one sitting in the garage so I will try it out.

Theres a website that monitors your apex. When the power goes out/loses contact, it will alert you through the website, not your house. [MENTION=824]o2manyfish[/MENTION] what was that website again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes that will be nice to have!!! Thanks

Last edited:

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
but if the apex lose power it will not be able to send you anything
will need another device that sense power is out app have something that alert you when power is out

but if the apex lose power it will not be able to send you anything
will need another device that sense power is out app have something that alert you when power is out
That was my question if anyone connect the Apex base unit to Ecotech battery back up since both are 12v. That way the Apex base unit stays up and send the alert if the internet stays up.

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
i have my apex on a UPS (w/plug in type gfci adapter). Apex and pumps stay on until battery dies.
you can always runs you internet on a mobile hot spot device.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
try to put a line one if amp_3 =0 send email but i don't think apex can do that

what if you set one outlet example 3_8 as always on if power goes off it will goto off then send email if 3_8 is off

That was my question if anyone connect the Apex base unit to Ecotech battery back up since both are 12v. That way the Apex base unit stays up and send the alert if the internet stays up.

you can always runs you internet on a mobile hot spot device.
Now you have my attention!!! Please explain. Are you referring to dd-wrt??

try to put a line one if amp_3 =0 send email but i don't think apex can do that

what if you set one outlet example 3_8 as always on if power goes off it will goto off then send email if 3_8 is off
Ok got it to work!!! I let the belkin battery back up charge and BTW it have a 12v 7ah battery inside. The plug fits directly into the APEX with no modification and it was free so win win situation! I set this under the email on Apex "If Power EB8_6 Off 000 Then ON " and turn off the breaker that powers up my tank and BINGO email was sent. I found this info on the Neptune forum and some people are using the Belkin to back up the MP40 and MP10 also. You can purchase on ebay for $20 or so and it puts out exactly 12v on the one I have.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
mobile hotspot like the clear wire thing we had internet anywhere https://www.att.com/devices/att/unite-explore.html#sku=sku7870787. but you need a separate mobile plan.

good stuff okay now I have to do it to my tank.
Now you have my attention!!! Please explain. Are you referring to dd-wrt??

Ok got it to work!!! I let the belkin battery back up charge and BTW it have a 12v 7ah battery inside. The plug fits directly into the APEX with no modification and it was free so win win situation! I set this under the email on Apex "If Power EB8_6 Off 000 Then ON " and turn off the breaker that powers up my tank and BINGO email was sent. I found this info on the Neptune forum and some people are using the Belkin to back up the MP40 and MP10 also. You can purchase on ebay for $20 or so and it puts out exactly 12v on the one I have.

I want it for my network and switch over if my uverse goes down so I will run off the cell sites. I talk to a couple and the back haul should be back up on battery or generators. The tech said people cannot live without their phones or internet now these days. Most provides are pushing the "reliable network" so battery backup and redundancy.

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
I have TMobile and wireless hotspot comes with my phone. I think all Tmobile has this feature.
Here is one way I can see you using this:
Phone's WIFI Hotspot -> WIFI gaming adapter -> Apex

The rest of your house can connect directly to the phones Wifi or use a wifi bridge

as they say YMMV

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
but if you leave your house with your phone no hotspot
You can buy/use a tablet with data service. They had a deal where the tablet was free and you just had to keep service for 24 months

Last edited:

Latest posts