Great barrier reef

Just a couple pics from my trip to the gbr. Awesome experience that i cant even explain in words. One picture was of a huge bleached colony. Sad seeing a good amount of the reef like that. Ill be out on the reef tomorrow also so hopefully ill get more pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woaaaahhh

Thanks for sharing

Look at that massive clam!!!

Tagging along for more photos!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Awesome to see a regal in its natural habitat

Also talked to a "marine biologist" and a lot if the terms used in the reefing community aren't used in the scientific field. I was asking him where to find lps and even said the scientific name euphyillia and he had no clue what i was talking about.

Also talked to a "marine biologist" and a lot if the terms used in the reefing community aren't used in the scientific field. I was asking him where to find lps and even said the scientific name euphyillia and he had no clue what i was talking about.

Maybe he isn't a marine biologist? Probably just some random scuba diver during his summer vacations. :)

Maybe he isn't a marine biologist? Probably just some random scuba diver during his summer vacations. :)
I took a boat tour and one of the people there was the assigned "marine biologist" to inform everyone about the reef. He knew pretty much everything we know but I wasn't sure how much more he knew considering he has a degree. I would imagine not very much considering he works for boat tours lol

I took a boat tour and one of the people there was the assigned "marine biologist" to inform everyone about the reef. He knew pretty much everything we know but I wasn't sure how much more he knew considering he has a degree. I would imagine not very much considering he works for boat tours lol

It's hard to find decent pay as a marine biologist.

Most of the Jobs are dependent on availability of government grants.

I (bio major) took a few marine biology classes in college. They do a lot ALOT of statistical analysis. They spend a crap ton of time in the labs. Also they have to learn the phylogeny tree of every marine species. I'm very sure they learn a lot more, I just don't know what lol.

I took an invert zoology class one semester and I had to memorize every frkn body part of every invert family in the ocean. The labs were frkn ridiculously hard. I had to take 100s of pictures of a frkn sea urchin, starfish, sponge, etc etc. I dissected and remembered all of their body parts for a time lab exam. Ugh. Great class but so much information to learn.

Regardless of how much work they do, the job market is pretty tough for marine biologist.

Awesome day today. Saw a ton of fish and corals commonly seen in the hobby. Pipefish, blue spot ray, long tentacle fungia, flower pit coral, xenia, yellow masked angel, acans, and tonsss of other stuff. Good variety of softies, sps, and lps. Last time was mostly sps so its good to see a different type of reef.

Latest posts