Someone took a bite out of my clown

BrianDJS

My little clown has a chunk taken out of his tail. My tank currently has the following fish

2 clowns
1 blue hippo (suspect #1)
1 yellow tang
1 orchid dottyback (suspect #2)
1 pajama cardinal fish
1 filefish (on loan for aiptasia)

The small clown hosts a forest of xenias, he hasnt attached himself to any of my 3 rbtas, so he has no defense.

Anyone have an idea how i can keep the peace in my tank? Or how i can get him to host a nem? Is that even possible?

I feed them frozen mysis (1 cube) once per day.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Sorry to hear about the clownfish? Any potential for unwanted night crawlers/crabs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianDJS

Sorry to hear about the clownfish? Any potential for unwanted night crawlers/crabs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some hermits, but they are out during the day. No other crabs i know of.
I had some peppermint shrimp, but the minute i put them in the dottyback was in hot pursuit, havent seem em since. It is possible they are still in there as i never saw a carcass.

I also have a few bristleworms (not by choice), but nothing massive that ive seen.

Zik

Going to follow along for results. I got nervous adding in my 4x hermits (clowns are currently in QT), but they like to sleep towards the bottom of the tank, and blue hippo likes to nudge itself under pcv/floor, so I'm sure it'll do that with rock/sand in the tank
Hermits def have me on the defensive side

How long have you had your clowns my current female maroon clownfish hosts the anenome but doesn't let the male in. The male comes close and the female attacks. That's what I suspect is happening to you if the male doesn't host the anenome and female does

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BrianDJS

How long have you had your clowns my current female maroon clownfish hosts the anenome but doesn't let the male in. The male comes close and the female attacks. That's what I suspect is happening to you if the male doesn't host the anenome and female does

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I inherited them from my friend. A couple years i think. The bigger one hosts the rbta, and the smaller hosts some xenias next to it.
He is all healed now.

Latest posts