User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Name
    Antonio
    Location
    Fontana
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Any good shops near LA - Inland empire?

    Hey guys I am looking for some shops that have a great coral selection near LA and inland empire. I have traveled to one in Ontario and Montclair but looking for more options I want to walk it to one and just be WOWED lol.

  2. #2
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Name
    Jeff
    Location
    La Puente
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Check Ben's aka @Cali Kids corals in Whittier since your looking for corals. He has some corals you will be wowed lol and he's a really really chill guy. He's link is in the homepage if you want to see some of his stuff.
    Drifters do it slidewayzzz

  3. Thanks Cali Kid thanked for this post
    Likes mdbannister, Cali Kid liked this post
  4. #3
    Premium Member lowbudget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Name
    LowBaller
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    21,731
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    when did whittier become the IE
    Quote Originally Posted by lurking View Post
    He says your pictures suck
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedfish View Post
    Yep I love big wieners just like Schnitzel

  5. #4
    Premium Member lowbudget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Name
    LowBaller
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    21,731
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    check out Tropical Reef Fish Store in rancho
    Quote Originally Posted by lurking View Post
    He says your pictures suck
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedfish View Post
    Yep I love big wieners just like Schnitzel

  6. Thanks pgr11 thanked for this post
    Likes pgr11 liked this post
  7. #5
    THE Keg Man
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Name
    Damien
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,164
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah TRFS in Rancho. Jason will hook you up. The one in Ontario I assume was Global Aquatics. They never have good deals. Ever. Jans in Montclair is cool but not a frag place. I'm still looking for a good store too. Mystic Reef in Rancho is cool. Owners are super cool and hook people up all the time.


    220 Gallon. 80G Sump/Refugium. Skimmer. BRA Nove Flare LED and 2 AI Sol. MP-40. 2 returns.

  8. Likes pgr11 liked this post
  9. #6
    Livin' the Reef Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Name
    Daniel
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've not found any great places in the IE yet, but you mentioned LA too, so I'm assuming you're willing to drive a little. There are a number of good ones in the OC area like Cali Kid, Amazing Reefs and Aquariums, Ellis Aquatics, Coral Gazers, Reef Lounge, and Two Guys Corals (disclaimer: I've not been to TGC yet, but their reputation is solid for having excellent stuff). I know there are others I've not mentioned, but those can get you started if you're up for a drive.
    Last edited by mdbannister; 12-21-2016 at 12:23 PM.

  10. Thanks JDEllis, Cali Kid thanked for this post
    Likes gcarroll, Cali Kid liked this post
  11. #7
    Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Name
    Ivan
    Location
    Corona
    Posts
    1,454
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Amazing aquarium and reefs is the best place.

  12. #8
    THE Keg Man
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Name
    Damien
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,164
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mystic Reef is in Riverside. Idk why I put Rancho.


    220 Gallon. 80G Sump/Refugium. Skimmer. BRA Nove Flare LED and 2 AI Sol. MP-40. 2 returns.

  13. #9
    Contributing Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Name
    Damian
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Posts
    5,499
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droneproz View Post
    Hey guys I am looking for some shops that have a great coral selection near LA and inland empire. I have traveled to one in Ontario and Montclair but looking for more options I want to walk it to one and just be WOWED lol.
    There is a place called MAK Corals in San Bernardino. I was in touch with the owner during summer, but I never got around to visiting during school. I believe it is now open for business. He is one of the guys behind Coral Collection and seems to still have the high end connection.
    48x30x24 150g LeeMar: 48" ATI LED Powermodule, 2 MP40's, Bubble King Double Cone 200, Korallin C1502 Calcium Reactor, 3 NextReef Reactors, Apex

  14. Thanks Demonkegman thanked for this post
  15. #10
    #Getatanklowbudget BeanMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Name
    Bean
    Location
    Tustin, CA
    Posts
    18,666
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonkegman View Post
    Yeah TRFS in Rancho. Jason will hook you up. The one in Ontario I assume was Global Aquatics. They never have good deals. Ever. Jans in Montclair is cool but not a frag place. I'm still looking for a good store too. Mystic Reef in Rancho is cool. Owners are super cool and hook people up all the time.
    Maybe that's changed, but Mystic has a reputation of picking a price depending on the customer.
    Reef-A-Palooza CA - October 7th & 8th, 2017

    SCMAS Member ~ www.officialscmas.org ~ #HobbitLivesMatter

    300 Gallon 72x36x27 AGE- 60" 8 Lamp ATI LED PM- AA PVC Hybrid Sump- Dual Synergy Shadow Boxes w Bean Animal- AquaMaxx CO5- Ecotech Vectra M1 x2- MP60wQD x1- MP40wQD x2- Apex- Wrasse Lover

  16. Likes Paranoiattack91 liked this post
  17. #11
    #Getatanklowbudget BeanMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Name
    Bean
    Location
    Tustin, CA
    Posts
    18,666
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdbannister View Post
    I've not found any great places in the IE yet, but you mentioned LA too, so I'm assuming you're willing to drive a little. There are a number of good ones in the OC area like Cali Kid, Amazing Reefs and Aquariums, Ellis Aquatics, Coral Gazers, Reef Lounge, and Two Guys Corals (disclaimer: I've not been to TGC yet, but their reputation is solid for having excellent stuff). I know there are others I've not mentioned, but those can get you started if you're up for a drive.
    Two Guys Corals selection is UNREAL. Crazy amount of insane coral... did I say UNREAL?
    Reef-A-Palooza CA - October 7th & 8th, 2017

    SCMAS Member ~ www.officialscmas.org ~ #HobbitLivesMatter

    300 Gallon 72x36x27 AGE- 60" 8 Lamp ATI LED PM- AA PVC Hybrid Sump- Dual Synergy Shadow Boxes w Bean Animal- AquaMaxx CO5- Ecotech Vectra M1 x2- MP60wQD x1- MP40wQD x2- Apex- Wrasse Lover

  18. Likes mdbannister liked this post
  19. #12
    Contributing Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Name
    Damian
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Posts
    5,499
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeanMachine View Post
    Two Guys Corals selection is UNREAL. Crazy amount of insane coral... did I say UNREAL?
    How are their prices? I will make it down there one day, I hope.
    48x30x24 150g LeeMar: 48" ATI LED Powermodule, 2 MP40's, Bubble King Double Cone 200, Korallin C1502 Calcium Reactor, 3 NextReef Reactors, Apex

  20. #13
    THE Keg Man
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Name
    Damien
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,164
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeanMachine View Post
    Maybe that's changed, but Mystic has a reputation of picking a price depending on the customer.
    I only went once. The kid helped me. We talked for awhile and I bought like 3 fish for super cheap. no prices posted... But I know what I purchased was a hook up. Maybe you are right. That's not cool.


    220 Gallon. 80G Sump/Refugium. Skimmer. BRA Nove Flare LED and 2 AI Sol. MP-40. 2 returns.

  21. #14
    #Getatanklowbudget BeanMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Name
    Bean
    Location
    Tustin, CA
    Posts
    18,666
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuse View Post
    How are their prices? I will make it down there one day, I hope.
    They aint Walmart that is for sure. If you want some of the nicest corals in the hobby, you gotta pay!
    Reef-A-Palooza CA - October 7th & 8th, 2017

    SCMAS Member ~ www.officialscmas.org ~ #HobbitLivesMatter

    300 Gallon 72x36x27 AGE- 60" 8 Lamp ATI LED PM- AA PVC Hybrid Sump- Dual Synergy Shadow Boxes w Bean Animal- AquaMaxx CO5- Ecotech Vectra M1 x2- MP60wQD x1- MP40wQD x2- Apex- Wrasse Lover

  22. #15
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Name
    Antonio
    Location
    Fontana
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You guys rock!!! any good live dry rock places you know of? looking for white rock.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •