Any good shops near LA - Inland empire?

Hey guys I am looking for some shops that have a great coral selection near LA and inland empire. I have traveled to one in Ontario and Montclair but looking for more options :) I want to walk it to one and just be WOWED lol.

Check Ben's aka [MENTION=11292]Cali Kid[/MENTION]s corals in Whittier since your looking for corals. He has some corals you will be wowed lol and he's a really really chill guy. He's link is in the homepage if you want to see some of his stuff.

Yeah TRFS in Rancho. Jason will hook you up. The one in Ontario I assume was Global Aquatics. They never have good deals. Ever. Jans in Montclair is cool but not a frag place. I'm still looking for a good store too. Mystic Reef in Rancho is cool. Owners are super cool and hook people up all the time.

I've not found any great places in the IE yet, but you mentioned LA too, so I'm assuming you're willing to drive a little. There are a number of good ones in the OC area like Cali Kid, Amazing Reefs and Aquariums, Ellis Aquatics, Coral Gazers, Reef Lounge, and Two Guys Corals (disclaimer: I've not been to TGC yet, but their reputation is solid for having excellent stuff). I know there are others I've not mentioned, but those can get you started if you're up for a drive.

Last edited:
Hey guys I am looking for some shops that have a great coral selection near LA and inland empire. I have traveled to one in Ontario and Montclair but looking for more options :) I want to walk it to one and just be WOWED lol.
There is a place called MAK Corals in San Bernardino. I was in touch with the owner during summer, but I never got around to visiting during school. I believe it is now open for business. He is one of the guys behind Coral Collection and seems to still have the high end connection.

Yeah TRFS in Rancho. Jason will hook you up. The one in Ontario I assume was Global Aquatics. They never have good deals. Ever. Jans in Montclair is cool but not a frag place. I'm still looking for a good store too. Mystic Reef in Rancho is cool. Owners are super cool and hook people up all the time.
Maybe that's changed, but Mystic has a reputation of picking a price depending on the customer.

I've not found any great places in the IE yet, but you mentioned LA too, so I'm assuming you're willing to drive a little. There are a number of good ones in the OC area like Cali Kid, Amazing Reefs and Aquariums, Ellis Aquatics, Coral Gazers, Reef Lounge, and Two Guys Corals (disclaimer: I've not been to TGC yet, but their reputation is solid for having excellent stuff). I know there are others I've not mentioned, but those can get you started if you're up for a drive.
Two Guys Corals selection is UNREAL. Crazy amount of insane coral... did I say UNREAL?

Maybe that's changed, but Mystic has a reputation of picking a price depending on the customer.
I only went once. The kid helped me. We talked for awhile and I bought like 3 fish for super cheap. no prices posted... But I know what I purchased was a hook up. Maybe you are right. That's not cool.

You guys rock!!! any good live dry rock places you know of? looking for white rock.
Honestly, the best rock I have ever gotten was dried Pukani rock (AquaMaxx) from Marine Depot. Now with free shipping, you can get a good deal on it. And the nice thing is that you can tell them what kind of rocks you're looking for and they'll cherry pick through them. Yeah, I know. Some people like to pick it themselves, but given I am terrible at aquascaping, I like to provide general guidelines (size) and work from there since I tend to overthink everything.

Honestly, the best rock I have ever gotten was dried Pukani rock (AquaMaxx) from Marine Depot. Now with free shipping, you can get a good deal on it. And the nice thing is that you can tell them what kind of rocks you're looking for and they'll cherry pick through them. Yeah, I know. Some people like to pick it themselves, but given I am terrible at aquascaping, I like to provide general guidelines (size) and work from there since I tend to overthink everything.
Cool Man will be looking into that. have bought a lot from them and love their fast shipping.

Treasures of the sea off of van buren in Riverside has picked up its game on the corals. They now have two large frag tanks several hundred pieces, and have cleaned up the store quite a bit. looks much much better and I was very surprised last time I was there. I would usually strictly go in for RO, but ill be back and pick up more pieces. local shop for me, makes it easy.

Latest posts