The Garden -- 45g Cube

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
I had this same tank back in Chicago. I loved the dimension. Looks very similar to how I had it set up. Cant wait for those sticks grow out for you

Nice! How long you had it up and running? where did you buy your power strip?
Thanks! It's been running since RAP. I had the rocks cooking in a Brute for a couple months before setup. It felt like the slowest build in the world, but in retrospect it was pretty quick. Having the rock cycle and cure ahead of time made a dramatic difference -- I only needed to let the sand do it's thing for like 4-5 days and threw my SPS in there.

I got the strips at Amazon, couldn't find them anywhere else. The ACJR is center. I really like the individual on/off so I don't have to get into my Apex for everything. Especially as 100% of my pumps are hooked up to my Apex Jr which I can just switch on/off for water changes. 4 Outlets on an Apex is extremely limiting. If I had more cash to throw around I'd have gotten an EB8 and the Trip Lite.

I really whole heartedly believe that whole "SPS can only survive in a mature tank" is absolute bunk. Since day one people have been telling me 'you can't do that', 'you're just gonna kill everything', 'it didn't work for me', blah blah. One year in the hobby and I've had the opposite experience of all the naysayers who 'knew it would fail'. LOT of negativity at RC towards new keepers and corals. Especially by people who don't keep your type of coral.

Thank you much!

I had this same tank back in Chicago. I loved the dimension. Looks very similar to how I had it set up. Cant wait for those sticks grow out for you
Yeah it's really surprising how being 2" shorter than a 50 cube looks so much more interesting to me. But I absolutely love the dimensions. I typically prefer that sleek rimless look, but I gotta say the bulbous top and bottom trim are actually growing on me. It frames everything in like the border of a painting.

[MENTION=11341]Rakie[/MENTION] that's good bro everything is doing good. Can't wait to see when your sticks become bigger trees.

Yeah I've been looking for those switches but found them online only. If I can't find them at Fry's electronics then I'm gonna order it. Forsure it will make a huge difference have the ability to select what to turn off with the flick of a switch versus unplugging.

I've done a few things myself that people would say it can't be done but worked. That's good that everything is doing awesome

Picked up a few new goodies!

- Sunset Mille
- ASD Rainbow Mille (stunning color on this guy)
- Red Planet
- WWC Red Shortcake

Pics to come tomorrow, I'll be working on my lacking camera skills :D

So I finally configured CHDK and hacked my Canon G7. **** son, this camera does A LOT of stuff now.. All of which are a foreign language to me. So these are my first pictures taken in RAW format, which is a bit challenging!

But on to the important stuff... My new frags :D

From Back to Front: Sunset Mille, ASD Rainbow Mille, Red Planet, WWC Red Shortcake

Here's a little maroon/purple table again, really hoping he grows out in spectacular fashion

And the view of the ridge from my desk, sorta.

A couple good things today!
- Picked up PC Rainbow, PC Superman Table
- Got a great custom skimmer stand from [MENTION=11392]thegrun[/MENTION]
- Installed my carbon reactor in line with the return (finally)
- Forgot to take pictures of the adjustable skimmer platform.. ****.

Couple more pictures

I can never get this ridge in focus completely. Or partially sometimes!

On the Rack

Pink table with Red polyps

Another red table with mille like PE

Garf Bonsai

Pro Corals Superman Table

My broken Wrasse, finally still for just long enough.. She's recovering still and improving. She may end up being 100% after all.