Massive Aipstasia Infestation Solutions

This is what I'm hopping to do, get a CCB and let it go crazy on the aptasia. While it has the apt. as food I wanna train to eat frozen food. I really like this fish and would like to keep at lease one.
Copperbands are really difficult to acclimate to aquarium life though. I would do the same, but I don't want to kill more fish than I need to. It's really hit or miss with them and they're not guaranteed to eat aipstasia. But then again, neither are file fish, but the name "aipstasia eating file fish" kind of leans me in that direction. lol

I am gonna go with Wally and Cody. Peppermints work, but can be total a holes without Aptasia to eat. I HAD a bunch of really nice Acans, but then had fat peppermints and no Acans.

You asked for a chemical method, and I have and still use Aptasia-x. Works, but you have to be persistent. Get lazy, and you end up infested. A couple of weeks being diligent, and you'll be well in your way.

[MENTION=3768]Confuse[/MENTION] I have a file fish for you he wiped out about a billion Aptasia out of my frag tank and now ready to be passed on I paid $20 for her so same price or coral trade LMK

Agree with the peppermint shrimp 100%. Plus they help maintain the tank by keeping the aptasia at bay. Trick is getting a decent sized crew as they hunt at night for aiptasia. At least 5-6 I would say.

Give it a week and I guarantee you will see less and less aptasia

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have tried file fish, they can be hit or miss, numerous coperbands, (extremely hard to keep) again hit or miss, tried peppermint shrimp multiple times, battled aptasia for a solid two years plus at one point. Got 10 burgia and about 3 months later I had not one single aptasia. Had literally almost a 1,000 aptasia in a 37 tall. In my opinion berghia are the only way to go.

Just a note as I had mentioned on another post, I purchased a matted file fish almost 3 months ago and it has no intersest in aptasia eating or zoa eating for that matter. So it appears that like every other remedy, file fish are no guarantee to remove aptasia.

ivan

Featured Reef
I will show you guys how I kill them on my tank
I just just need to have some on my tank first :)

Try an emperor, I had one that annihilated an aiptasia infestation I had. Some of those aips were nearly half dollar size, it was that bad. Never knew emperors ate it either, he wiped it clean, never saw any again

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts