admin
Supporter
My Tank Build

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I used it yesterday and it's pretty neat. It's not sticky at all so you'll have to still use super glue to stick it to a rock

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Was helping Robert with the video, so had a lot of time to play with it.

Like 2 part epoxy, it is not sticky. However, what you can do is to wedge and push it into crevices and big pores in the livestick for it to grab and hold. You can also do the sandwich method as you do with 2-part epoxy. Pretty impressive how strong it is.

After we finished building the bonsai structure, I was able to hold it in one hand, drive it home and get it in my tank without it falling apart.

20161223_194530.jpg

people have been using that stuff for years as fill in sculptures... instead of using aluminum foil and wire... well, i've used it a couple of times... i've gotten mine from a friend that's a dentist... it's called polycaprolactone pellets... there are a bunch of other brands out there... or re-brands... like instamorph and such...

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident (IEMAS)
Supporter
My Tank Build
people have been using that stuff for years as fill in sculptures... instead of using aluminum foil and wire... well, i've used it a couple of times... i've gotten mine from a friend that's a dentist... it's called polycaprolactone pellets... there are a bunch of other brands out there... or re-brands... like instamorph and such...
If it has been around for a while, anyone know of potential leaching side-effects?

If it has been around for a while, anyone know of potential leaching side-effects?
i believe it's inert... it doesn't mix with water or other liquids and doesn't deteriorate... they sell it at michaels... LOL< i just saw some there... and with the 50% off coupon, you get a pretty decent sized bag for 7 bucks...

Speaker73

Premium Member
Supporter
i believe it's inert... it doesn't mix with water or other liquids and doesn't deteriorate... they sell it at michaels... LOL< i just saw some there... and with the 50% off coupon, you get a pretty decent sized bag for 7 bucks...
What's it called there? Might go pick some up and try it out.

I always go to get those awesome Prisma Color pencils w/ the 50% off coupon
yes... my son uses prismacolors... i got him a big set for christmas... i also by golden ink acrylic paint there... usually get the primary 6 color heavy body... but still... it comes out to be like 26 bucks, and if i need a certain color that i can't mix, 50 off is like 5 bucks for the best acrylic paint i've ever used... i also got myself some good fabric scissors... again, cheaper than amazon or ebay... i do'nt know how they can have such good coupons for one item all the time....

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident (IEMAS)
Supporter
My Tank Build
yes... my son uses prismacolors... i got him a big set for christmas... i also by golden ink acrylic paint there... usually get the primary 6 color heavy body... but still... it comes out to be like 26 bucks, and if i need a certain color that i can't mix, 50 off is like 5 bucks for the best acrylic paint i've ever used... i also got myself some good fabric scissors... again, cheaper than amazon or ebay... i do'nt know how they can have such good coupons for one item all the time....
Yeah if you are patient you can get an entire collection of supplies at 50% off just one piece every week. They've had me pinned a few times where I went to get 1x item and then bought 4 others because I didnt want to wait for more 50% off coupons. I wonder if they will ever give their stores a make-over, they all look exactly the same as 20 years ago.

Yeah if you are patient you can get an entire collection of supplies at 50% off just one piece every week. They've had me pinned a few times where I went to get 1x item and then bought 4 others because I didnt want to wait for more 50% off coupons. I wonder if they will ever give their stores a make-over, they all look exactly the same as 20 years ago.
lol, yup...

i got some letter stampers for metalworking... dude, 10 bucks each is crazy funny for known popular fonts... then they had all the DIY jewelry at 40% off, so i told them that these are jewelry making tools... funny how people go use the coupon and only buy a bale of yarn... i only use the coupon when it's something that adds up... like a huge canvas... or a big bucket of gesso... on black friday i got a ton of huge level 3 canvas, and a new wooden art easel... i didn't need it.. but i just wanted something smaller than the one i use now... it's taking a huge chunk of my living room....

Latest posts