Any thoughts on Advanced Acrylics?

I've been stuck with a 15 gallon temp tank for months and it sucks! I want to order a 40-50 gallon acrylic cube tank and stand. Advanced Acrylics seems to be the best deal. I haven't been able to get a hold of them all wee, although they may be closed through New Years. Just wondering if anyoe has ordered from them lately and how long it took to get your order? Thanks!

My Tank Build
One word of advice never pay in full before receiving your order. Pay half when ordering and the rest at time of pickup.

I'm about to purchase a slump from them, how do you go on about paying half when ordering?

I ordered a small custom betta tank from them a few years back. I just gave them a deposit over the phone. I'm just wondering whaat their turn around time is. They were known back then to lag a bit. I'm in aa hurry to upgrade after being stuck with a nano for so long.

My Tank Build
I ordered a small custom betta tank from them a few years back. I just gave them a deposit over the phone. I'm just wondering whaat their turn around time is. They were known back then to lag a bit. I'm in aa hurry to upgrade after being stuck with a nano for so long.
Everyone I've talked to about this has said they finish the product faster if it's not payed in full at time of order.

Everyone I've talked to about this has said they finish the product faster if it's not payed in full at time of order.
Haha that would make sense!! Hopefully some more people will chime in. I'm hoping for 2 weeks, not 2 months. The only other option I know of is ATM and I doubt they'll do a rush order.

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
I have purchased a sump from them and had them repair another one. Quality work and done in a timely fashion. I never had a problem with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered a few items from them. First few were great and I highly recommended them. The last order I put in was the last order I'll ever put in with them. They tend to promise things they can't keep. I paid them in full and gave them a full month extra time to get it done. After everything was said and done, I was not a happy customer and won't use them again. I'd rather build my own

I just had a setup from them. Tank and sump for discus setup. They did a great job and finished in time. Highly recommend. Here are some pics

Trung

For that size why not just get a glass all in one?

But John does the best acrylic work around. 2 weeks maybe a little optimistic though.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
40-50g might not be a long wait for John to build, but it is the holidays. Put down a deposit and pay the rest upon delivery. So far I'm happy with the things I've had him build for me.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
can't please everyone and thats just business. [MENTION=7800]smartchoice[/MENTION] you should talk to john or drive out the the shop and get your money back its the principle.
40-50g might not be a long wait for John to build, but it is the holidays. Put down a deposit and pay the rest upon delivery. So far I'm happy with the things I've had him build for me.

I ordered a sump through Jason [MENTION=3506]Tropical Reef Fish Store[/MENTION] last year and he got it done in a couple days. Jason definitely speeds up the process. This year I ordered a PCV sump through him but it took a little longer since John is the only one who works on these and he went on vacation. I'm happy with what I got but there were some things that didn't make sense. For example, he put a hole for a 1.5 inch bulk head drain on the Fuge but then put a hole for a .75 inch bulkhead on the sump where the drain goes in to.

pgr11

Supporter
I ordered a sump through Jason [MENTION=3506]Tropical Reef Fish Store[/MENTION] last year and he got it done in a couple days. Jason definitely speeds up the process. This year I ordered a PCV sump through him but it took a little longer since John is the only one who works on these and he went on vacation. I'm happy with what I got but there were some things that didn't make sense. For example, he put a hole for a 1.5 inch bulk head drain on the Fuge but then put a hole for a .75 inch bulkhead on the sump where the drain goes in to.
Do this^^^^^^ order through Jason at Tropical reef fish store. You won't have any issues that way. All my stuff is from John. It's great acrylic work!!! Jason will also get you a great deal.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

That sucks. When John is given creative freedom, he tends to screw up sometimes. I've had issues with my sump being really noisy because the filter socks were raised too high and he initially designed the sump for the height of my skimmer, but that wasn't the case and I had to buy a stand from him. I think that's one of the issues when it comes to these custom sumps. He doesn't/can't run water through them to assure they work/flow properly. That's where R&D comes in where a company designs and test their product (e.g. Royal Exclusiv and other sump manufacturers, etc.).

Latest posts