Jbj vs ocean revive LED

Alright guys have a question for you experts out there. Vs these two lights which would you go with if they were both same price?? I love the fact the ocean revive has more colors such as purples and green. Nice feature on Orion is the slow ramp btwn modes. Here are links to both.

Jbj 120 http://www.jbjlighting.com/lighting/orionlt.php

Ocean revive http://www.oceanrevivellc.com/goods.php?id=21

The ocean revive is on sale for 3 more days so if I go that route I can get it cheap :)

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
you should indicate the size of tank you are trying to light up and the kind of livestock. Im sure they are both good lights but I havent heard anything about either

you should indicate the size of tank you are trying to light up and the kind of livestock. Im sure they are both good lights but I havent heard anything about either
It's for a jbj 45 rimless. I don't want to be limited on corals and want a light I can grow into. Both lights being 120W I don't think either will have a problem growing what I'm looking for.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
I don't know much about the JBJ light, but I will say they stand behind their product, and if you ever had any issues with it, JBJ would definitely take care of you.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
I don't think either one will limit you on corals as they both seem pretty strong. JBJ is a local company and like Jose said, stand by their products. Ocean revive seems to be popular on other forums for their value. Never experienced both but I do prefer when leds are closely congregated together (JBJ) vs equidistant and spread out (Ocean revive). To me the colors tend to blend better and are less discobally.

I don't think either one will limit you on corals as they both seem pretty strong. JBJ is a local company and like Jose said, stand by their products. Ocean revive seems to be popular on other forums for their value. Never experienced both but I do prefer when leds are closely congregated together (JBJ) vs equidistant and spread out (Ocean revive). To me the colors tend to blend better and are less discobally.
When I bought my tank I went with the jbj lights and was wondering if I should have gone with the ocean revive. I mean they are so cheap I may end up buying them just to compare. But thanks for your input

When I bought my tank I went with the jbj lights and was wondering if I should have gone with the ocean revive. I mean they are so cheap I may end up buying them just to compare. But thanks for your input
I would go with the ocean revive. If you use the light properly it will be the equivalent to a radion without all the fancy setting and not so much par. There are a lot of people who are successful using it

I would go with the ocean revive. If you use the light properly it will be the equivalent to a radion without all the fancy setting and not so much par. There are a lot of people who are successful using it
I want to use brackets that mount to tank vs hanging it from the ceiling. My only worry is if it won't be suspended high enough from the water causing disco effect. I have read most guys run them at 10-12" from the top and I think brackets only extend 7" max

I would go with what this guys saids.... trust me... look at his threads ;)

Also, the chinese boxes have been proven to grow sps like no there. Do a search on some of the other big sites for mars aqua and see what i mean.

I would go with what this guys saids.... trust me... look at his threads ;)

Also, the chinese boxes have been proven to grow sps like no there. Do a search on some of the other big sites for mars aqua and see what i mean.
IM SOLD LOL looks like i will have a Orion 120 LED selling for cheap HAHA

I want to use brackets that mount to tank vs hanging it from the ceiling. My only worry is if it won't be suspended high enough from the water causing disco effect. I have read most guys run them at 10-12" from the top and I think brackets only extend 7" max
What size tank do you have and how far under the water is your coral? This light kicks out some good par at 700. 10 inches is optimal to get a good spread. The real trick is to get a good balance between the two channels. At 100 the blue channel will still give you some good par

What size tank do you have and how far under the water is your coral? This light kicks out some good par at 700. 10 inches is optimal to get a good spread. The real trick is to get a good balance between the two channels. At 100 the blue channel will still give you some good par
No corals at the moment. Still need to setup tank. I have the jbj 45 rimless.

Just looked up depth tank is 19" tall

Sweet!! IMO the ocean revive is ideal for that tank!! Whatever you do dont put and MP10 on that tank!! You will regret it when you have 45 gallons on your floor lol
Haha I think I will go with Jeboa pp8. I ordered both lights to see which I like best. But I'm thinking oceans revive. Not sure if the fact that it has more colors like purple and green LED will give my tank more pop