Chaging Instant Ocean sea salt to Coral Pro Red Sea salt

Check tour parameters after the water change to monitor ant changes, there shouldn't be any major chmages. I would do 25% max

Sicklid

This is my 10 gal using instan ocean, if your tank is happy leave like that, as you can see i have lps, sps, clams almost everything. I stick to weekly water changes. Stability is the key to success. Temp and low nitrates and phosphates levels. But if you bought the salt already do it slowly, good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 10 gallon tank with instant ocean sea salt how can i do water change to with Coral Pro sea salt from red sea????
Exactly what sicklid said, if your tank is thriving and doing good then it would be best to just continue with what you use. But if you did get it already or you just want to try something different to see if it makes a difference, then yes do it very slowly to introduce your corals to new salt by doing less amount of water changes. Same WC routine, just less water untill everything seems good, then you go back to your regular amount.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

why are you changing salts? I just get what ever is cheapest because if your dosing it doesn't matter what the levels are in the new salt. The only time I use coral pro salt is when I set up a new tank because the parameters are usually pretty close to what i run

the reason why I want to change the Instant Ocean sea salt to Red Sea coral Pro salt is because it has calcium and other elements so I won't be dosing as much i just have clown fish in my tank im going to coral but when i chage the salt to coral pro salt by red sea

BeanMachine

Supporter
the reason why I want to change the Instant Ocean sea salt to Red Sea coral Pro salt is because it has calcium and other elements so I won't be dosing as much i just have clown fish in my tank im going to coral but when i chage the salt to coral pro salt by red sea
Its preferance, but I would just use the cheaper salt and dose two part. Your little tank wont need much at all. There are many awesome tanks that use reg instant ocean. Ive heard some problems with the RSCP re extra high alk at times.

If you have a 10g and keep up with weekly water changes, you shouldn't really need to dose at all. On a tank that size, a decent weekly water change should replenish everything.