my corals

hi guys, wishing you all a happy 2017! lets hope trump doesnt fcuk the world up and we can see 2018..
anyways, its been almost 4 months since i set up the tank, many of you guys have given me a lot of advice along the way, for that thank you.
wanted to share some coral pic, see what you guys think even ID some of them.

thanks for the thumbs up. most of the pics were of frags when i first got them a few months ago, hopefully when the new phone comes i'l take some good pics since they've all grown a bit.

SantaMonicaHelp

hi guys, wishing you all a happy 2017! lets hope trump doesnt fcuk the world up and we can see 2018..
anyways, its been almost 4 months since i set up the tank, many of you guys have given me a lot of advice along the way, for that thank you.
wanted to share some coral pic, see what you guys think even ID some of them.

Hi Andy,

I hope this year starts very good for you!
Corals look amazing:) What is the first one? I've never seen this before(
Did you get any new corals?

Zhenya

Hi Andy,

I hope this year starts very good for you!
Corals look amazing:) What is the first one? I've never seen this before(
Did you get any new corals?

Zhenya
Hi Zhenya, thanks for looking at the pics. The first pic isnt a coral. It's urchin, thought it looked pretty cool so added the thread. I have got some new sps for the tank but recently had some problems with alk. I was manually dosing it, the amount was correct but I think cus I added all in one go (40ml) the corals didn't like it. Had some sps tips burn. Tropic thunder monti went all white. But can still see green polyps so here's hoping it can bounce back. Once they get better I'll post more pictures. Again, thanks everyone for looking.

So a friend told me about this app called snapseed. It's an image manipulation tool. Kinda funky, I used it to remove the blues in the image to try to get them as close to real life as possible. The two with the text (jolly rancher & orange crush) were modified more with the filters.

IMG_20170121_153942-02-01.jpg IMG_20170121_154834-01.jpg IMG_20170121_154325_1-02-01.jpg IMG_20170121_154412-01.jpg IMG_20170121_154422-01.jpg

SantaMonicaHelp

Hi Zhenya, thanks for looking at the pics. The first pic isnt a coral. It's urchin, thought it looked pretty cool so added the thread. I have got some new sps for the tank but recently had some problems with alk. I was manually dosing it, the amount was correct but I think cus I added all in one go (40ml) the corals didn't like it. Had some sps tips burn. Tropic thunder monti went all white. But can still see green polyps so here's hoping it can bounce back. Once they get better I'll post more pictures. Again, thanks everyone for looking.
Thanks Andy for the answer :)
I hope everything will be fine and I want your new pictures!

Zhenya

Latest posts