Skimmer and return pump recommendation??

jbaeza83

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey SCR. So I am finally getting settled in at my new place and am hoping to on setting up my new tank in the next couple months. I already have the tank and sump, it will be close to 200g water volume. I have been out of the loop for a while now and I see a lot of new equipment out there so what skimmer would you guys recommend? Also I would need a return pump, the tank will be inside the house and sump will be in the garage so the return will have about 10ft of 1" pipe before it gets to the tank.

I'm waiting for my return pump to break and will get the Vectra M1 but you might want to look at the L1 for yourself. As far as skimmer I'm out of the loop also and asking around too

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
I've heard about issues with the L1. Do allot of research before you go that route. Check out the new pump from Neptune Systems.

Hey SCR. So I am finally getting settled in at my new place and am hoping to on setting up my new tank in the next couple months. I already have the tank and sump, it will be close to 200g water volume. I have been out of the loop for a while now and I see a lot of new equipment out there so what skimmer would you guys recommend? Also I would need a return pump, the tank will be inside the house and sump will be in the garage so the return will have about 10ft of 1" pipe before it gets to the tank.
[MENTION=989]babyjess210[/MENTION] My buddy used the Aqamaxx Co3 for a few months before he shut down his tank and it was beast. I have it available feel free to pm me with interest.

i have a L1 running on my 220g and its nothing but greatness. been running since aug, not one problem. i beileve the Cor is about 2100 gph, depending on your head height that may just be enough or not enough for you. im a firm a believer of running things lower then intended. it is a pricy pump at $449 but for me its worth every penny.

My vectra L1 has been running like a champ too and it's throttled down to around 45% in my 150g. It's pricey, but a very good pump. So far, I haven't had any issues with it.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
[MENTION=989]babyjess210[/MENTION] for the price and performance its good
[MENTION=989]babyjess210[/MENTION] My buddy used the Aqamaxx Co3 for a few months before he shut down his tank and it was beast. I have it available feel free to pm me with interest.

I run an M1 for my 120G return and I highly recommend the pump, but I think you would want the L1 due to the length of the pipe you are going to run.

I'm running a Fluval SP4 on a 110g system. It's relatively cheap and I had read lots of good reviews on it before buying. For your application you probably want to look at the SP6, though.

jbaeza83

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks guys. I'll look into the vortec pumps. They are a little expensive but have good reviews. Any recommendations on the jebao dc pumps?

Latest posts