User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Name
    Shawn
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No static for not running a skimmer. Just know ur limitations and you'll be fine. Try soaking the rock in some regular water for a few days. Do this outside or in the garage cuz it'll stink. Hose water is fine. Rinse a few times and change the water out a few times tip the air freshener smell is gone. If it goes away then scrub and rinse it and let it dry. If it still stinks of air freshener then you may need to get more aggressive with the cleaning and then look into acid or bleach. If it seems fine then start the cycle again with plenty of carbon and do a decent water change before you add livestock again
    Quote Originally Posted by dab.daniel_ View Post
    Ok well Ima get a lot of negative feed back for this but um.... I don't have a ...... Protein skimmer..
    Ik I should get one and I will soon but the thing is I don't have much of a budget when it comes to reef related stuff. Mostly because I'm in high school and don't have a job.
    So far what I've done with the main tank is just empty it out. And throw away the sand. Btw in doing so getting a major headache from the stench of air wic mixed w seawater. I have the live rock still but I don't want to start another tank without completely ridding the rock of the chemicals and I've decided to go through the process of cycling and building up new bacteria again. The thing I'm unsure of is how exactly to do it. I'm getting suggestions like bathing it with acid and afterwards running a bunch of carbon but idk how to do all that or if it'll work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Professional coral killer

Registered Member
    Name
    John
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gumbii View Post
    how big is your tank, do you have a sump...???
    Aha ha no :3

send nudes
    Name
    gumbii garcia
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Aha ha no :3

aww... i was going to give you a cadlight cone skimmer... i don't have a HOB... do you have room for a sump....

btw, all you people that supposedly, "need" a skimmer, don't send me pm's, i'll just ignore you...

Quote Originally Posted by lurking View Post
    I like to think of it as you were loving on my pipes rather than working on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    Hey man, as long as there aint no funky tongue action, I'm cool with it, LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greaser9999 View Post
    Please do not send me nudes of u & Noah together

4. Likes reefes pieces liked this post
    Contributing Member
    Name
    Ev'e
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ditch as in throw it away? Bc that's hardly an option since I'd be throwing away money. I'm trying to find the best option to rid it of the chemicals

Thinking of it as throwing away money will get you in to trouble... Thats basically what you do in this hobby lol. I can't recall how many times I tried to save money and ended up making things worse. It took me 5 attempts to keep saltwater fish alive when I first started because I didn't want to throw away money. Actually, now that i think about it, I didn't throw away that money because I learned from those experiences. I basically paid to gain knowledge.

Wether you keep the rock or start over, your going to spend money to fix the problem. Every one is giving you good advise, there are so many ways to fix these kind of things just do it right. Keep us posted and we will help you as much as we can. Sorry for your losses and I hope the remaining fish recover.

Contributing Member
    Name
    Ev'e
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gumbii View Post
    aww... i was going to give you a cadlight cone skimmer... i don't have a HOB... do you have room for a sump....

btw, all you people that supposedly, "need" a skimmer, don't send me pm's, i'll just ignore you...
    PM sent!

Registered Member
    Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OGFrenchHorn View Post
    I didn't throw away that money because I learned from those experiences. I basically paid to gain knowledge.
    -E'verbs, Original Gospels, 1:4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information