Radion XR30W gen4 vs kessil AP700

I am missing the natural look of the kessil. I like the color pop from the radions.
Anyone ever own a radion gen 3/4 and a kessil AP700?
What are the pro and cons? Do they give the same color pop?
Which light will give more growth to sps?
If there is a lunar effect on the kessil how is it?
What's your guys choice in light and tell me why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am missing the natural look of the kessil. I like the color pop from the radions.

I own two AP 700's and compared to the AW360's, I think they added more royal blue (as opposed to cool blue) into the mix for more pop. The Kessil has a more natural metal halide look than any other light. It also doesn't create the disco effect that radions do. There is a working lunar effect on the latest beta firmware that actually works. As far as growth, that is up for debate. Some people say kessils don't do well with SPS, other people will argue otherwise. As far as choice, it's really up to individual preference. Go see each light under a tank with corals and determine which you like best.

I own two AP 700's and compared to the AW360's, I think they added more royal blue (as opposed to cool blue) into the mix for more pop. The Kessil has a more natural metal halide look than any other light. It also doesn't create the disco effect that radions do. There is a working lunar effect on the latest beta firmware that actually works. As far as growth, that is up for debate. Some people say kessils don't do well with SPS, other people will argue otherwise. As far as choice, it's really up to individual preference. Go see each light under a tank with corals and determine which you like best.
Do you do sps? I been looking for YouTube videos and there aren't that many with sps corals.

JC Reef

Premium Member
Supporter
http://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Ecotech_CoralLab_WP1.pdf

I have the Radion Pro Gen3, I love them!