Ultra Reef Media Reactor Review

In my efforts to bring my tank back to life, I am trying to automate as much as possible and also acquire equipment that is not a pain in the *** to use. I hate changing.out.media and I hope this reactor will make the process a lot more enjoyable. I'm running no3-po4-x on a foster for now and will see how it does with phosphates. So for the meantime, this will be running carbon.

I'll report back when I set it up this weekend. In the meantime, here are.some pics...

thats pretty....so pretty..i just dont like the cascading water, in my whole 4 months of reefing! no matter how well i prewash the carbon (rox8) or gfo (rowaphos) stuff always gets out. i have them both going to the socks. i really like the twist base of this reactor. i just don't see why they couldnt use the same twist design on the top to lead a pipe to a sock of something. but still, very pretty...

I've used the avast reactor too and the amount of media floating up was minimal after rinsing and providing it adequate flow. I think too much flow is the culprit in those cases. I really like the disconnecting base/canister because I can rinse the media in the canister with a water hose and also easily dump the media in the trash after I disconnect it from the base. We will see how it works out. But this has been the best/easiest reactor design I've seen. It's very compact in comparison to the avast reactor.

How is it being fed water?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
You can feed is through a manifold or a small pump. The water goes from the pump to the base where there is a 90 degree elbow with hose barb (or other fitting) and the water travels up the reactor and overflows through the top.

Was it easier to rinse the media than a standard reactor? I'm curios how you rinsed it?
Extremely easier! I should have done a video. Basically, I disconnected the cylinder, filled it with carbon, took it outside, and sprayed it lightly with a hose from the top of the reactor and the water just drains down. I did this until the water ran clear. That's it!

Latest posts