Looking to rent/barrow/purchase anemone

Looking for someone who has a loose anemone that I could barrow, rent, or buy a cheap anemone. I want my two clowns to host my RBTA. I been reading and youtubing how to try to push my clownfish so they can host. Some suggest to put clownfish and anemone in a spaghetti strainer. I'm gonna try to push them slowly towards anemone in order to speed the process up. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time and patience. I have a clown and RBTA that were int the tank for 4 weeks. The clown always ignored the anemone.'i came back from vacation and the clown started to host the anemone or vice versa.

I've had them 3-4 weeks.

I have two weeks to get this done before the spring semester starts. Hopefully one day I'll get home and they will be rolling in it

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Pic of you anemone. Some types of anemoe clowns dont host

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

They will definitely host the anemone. Just give it a little time. Remember, all these hybrid clowns are tank raised, sometimes it takes them a little longer. But they will get it, and there's no need to force it. Your nem looks a little small for hosting in the pic, at least comfortably. Try feeding a couple mysis every couple days. Easily digestible for it at it will help it grow faster. That's what I've done when the nem was small. Patience will always be THE most important thing in saltwater ;)

You can wait for ever or do what I did and once the anemone is settled down, catch one clown, place him into a large clear glass (or other semi narrow container). Place the container back into the tank, closing the top of it with your hand and lower it towards the anemone. Once you are semi close, flip the container so the open end is pointed down, towards the anem, making sure the fish doesn't swim out too early.

Hold the container in place so that the open end is RIGHT above the anem with its petals basically touching the edges of the glass. Eventually the fish will swim down towards the exit and into the anemone. The first clown I did this with took a few minutes but once they touched, things got figured out quickly. The second clown swam down much faster since it saw its friend frolicking in the anem.

These were tank bred and they didn't even look at the anem before that for months. Now they don't come out...

I put a pair of clowns in an acclimation box with the nem for a week and they hosted till I gave everything away :) . I plan on doing the same once my new setup arrives

I need a fish trap only prob is my nem is anchored to a pretty big rock. I would need a big box lol

You can wait for ever or do what I did and once the anemone is settled down, catch one clown, place him into a large clear glass (or other semi narrow container). Place the container back into the tank, closing the top of it with your hand and lower it towards the anemone. Once you are semi close, flip the container so the open end is pointed down, towards the anem, making sure the fish doesn't swim out too early.

Hold the container in place so that the open end is RIGHT above the anem with its petals basically touching the edges of the glass. Eventually the fish will swim down towards the exit and into the anemone. The first clown I did this with took a few minutes but once they touched, things got figured out quickly. The second clown swam down much faster since it saw its friend frolicking in the anem.

These were tank bred and they didn't even look at the anem before that for months. Now they don't come out...
I'm considering trying your technique since I'm inpatient gonna go find a tube at the 99c store

So I notice my anemone moving because I relocated the rock. I squirted the anemones foot and it unattached itself from the rock. I took the plastic top from my API test kit n made some holes in it. When I placed my clownfish and anemone I kinda meant to drop my clownfish onto anemone. This is the end result which I'm sure most of you guys know but for those who don't n are not patient like me this is what happens

https://youtu.be/e7R9xBS3Jpg

Thank you all for your advice everyone