If You Have An Apex -- Please Double Check Your Changes

Hey Guys,

If you have an Apex and are using Fusion (for sure Fusion not sure about classic) check your settings, and then double check and triple check.

When they updated Fusion recently it changed my 220v heater outlet to a CO2 outlet.

It also changed the alarm points for 2 of my pH probes to 10.99

When I discovered the errors I made the corrections and told Fusion to update. The little bar went across the screen and turned Green - No Errors.

But then it turns out it was still set to 10.99 -

It took 6 cycles -- WITHOUT ANY ERRORS before the issue corrected.

Also in the past 6 weeks, my Apex no longer registers the power being out to the EB8's

Then yesterday someone else contacted me - There DOS units were set to be dosing 22ml of one channel and 12ml on another channel.

One of the channels was set to 750ml and the other 75.

A totally different Apex - at a different location - again took multiple cycles of correcting the doses with Fusion accepting it but still not correcting the erroneous value.

These are some pretty catastrophic issues. Please be careful - If you make any adjustments to any of your settings - pH, dosing, temp values for your heaters -- go double check them.

And if you find something wrong.... Make the correction and keep double checking that the correction takes hold. And if you find a hiccup and you get it corrected go back and check again 30 mins later just to be sure.

And just for the heck of it, after reading this post take some time and check that all your outlets are still set correctly - Make sure that your heater is using the right probe for temp. Make sure your heater outlet is still set as a heater outlet. And other outlets as well.

Dave B

I cant be sure, but I think a similar situation happened to me. Without any re-programming on my part, my Apex recently deactivated its CARX CO2 probe, which sent the calcium reactor into a tailspin, and then some limits were switched.

I thought it might be a faulty display unit sending bad signals, but thats a lot of incorrect signals to send

Luckily I had a backup saved of the programming, so I was able to revert to it and save the day, but yeah, no bueno.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
One system to control them all is not always a great idea. Glad my doser is controlled separately in this case and the only real issue would be circulation and ATO on my situation. Thankfully I've got fail safes. Did you try contacting Neptune Systems about this?

Innerspark,

I contacted Neptune about these issues weeks ago. They didn't have an answer. When I found out it wasn't just my Apex and others were having the same exact issues I posted on several forums.

Neptune immediately contacted me to setup a phone tech support session - But they haven't had time available yet.

Dave B

Which Apex or which firmware?

I just bought a Finnex heater without controller and I'm concerned. My Eheim will at least shut itself off at a set temperature if my apex outlet stays on.

ivan

Featured Reef
I have apex for year but I only use it for the light and skimmer and main pump heater plug in but they have a temosthat each one everything lease like dosing pump and calcium reactor ATO run in there on controllers I had a apex going crazy on me and I lost almost everything in my tank and about 500+ baby clownfish from that day I don't trust a single controller to control the most sensitive things for my reeftanktank it does sounds good at one point to have everything controlled by one thing but when that controller goes crazy you will too either trying to fix the problem or because all the fatalities in your tank :)

My Apex is the most current Firmware release 4.40_3A16

The Apex with the DOS dosing errors is also the most current release.

Dave B

I need help with my apex wifi, trying to connect to fusion but asking for token and I don't know where to see that token, the original owner removed his name or link to this apex wifi I recently bought from him.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I need help with my apex wifi, trying to connect to fusion but asking for token and I don't know where to see that token, the original owner removed his name or link to this apex wifi I recently bought from him.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Gotta log onto the apex itself first