RODI Booster Pump Help

wrecker

Hi All!
I have a 100 GPD Melev's Reef Rodi Unit new filters, membrane 1 yr old. I was getting 80 PSI from home and 40 PSI before the membrane. I purchased an Aquatec 8800 to increase the H20 pressure. The first pump I bought was leaking from the housing but did not increase the pressure at all. Got a replacement which seems to be working fine, but the pressure prior the membrane is still 40. I checked out my tubes and they are inserted correctly and it the correct orientation. Tried putting the membrane pre and post filters with no change. Took out the ASOV to see it that was a problem but still no change. Checked the pressure gauge and cleaned it. Seems OK.

Any suggestions? Making water now to see if I'm making more H20 per hour but doesnt seem like it.

House pressure is already kinda high at 80. Most fixtures/appliances/equipment that attaches to your house water supply says somewhere in the fine print of the instructions that we al throw away to "connect to water supply not exceeding 80PSI in accordance to local building code." I don't know how much more pressure I would want to put on those plastic hoses & push-fit connectors.

wrecker

House pressure is already kinda high at 80. Most fixtures/appliances/equipment that attaches to your house water supply says somewhere in the fine print of the instructions that we al throw away to "connect to water supply not exceeding 80PSI in accordance to local building code." I don't know how much more pressure I would want to put on those plastic hoses & push-fit connectors.
So when it says on the spec sheet "optimum pressure of 60-70" that means pressure from the faucet and not before the membrane? Well I feel silly now. Guess I have a booster pump ready for my next rodi upgrade. Thanks

Higher pressure won't get you to produce more water. Your membranes are what regulates gallons per day.(with adequate pressure) I believe the green zone for water pressure is somewhere between 30 and 50 psi

wrecker

Higher pressure won't get you to produce more water. Your membranes are what regulates gallons per day.(with adequate pressure) I believe the green zone for water pressure is somewhere between 30 and 50 psi
Thanks. I'm learning a lot from you guys

Latest posts