reducing calcium advice

List of things to upgrade to and are important:

Better test kits. Need to be able to test PO4 (I use a Hanna) NO4 low range, alk, cal and mag (I use Red Sea)
RODI unit or at least a good source of water from a friend or LFS. Personally I don't trust anyone's water but the water I make and I even make mistakes.

Those 2 thing will be a life savers to your tank. I keep 30 gallons of salt mixed and ready to go incase of any issues and I do the same with RODI water. I also check my Alk, Cal, NO3 and PO4 at least once a week and my Mag about once ever 2-4 weeks.
Yea I'm looking for a good test kit n thanks for the advice on test kits idk what's good I've been using API.

I been using the ro water from the place for 5 years n never had a problem. The Rodi is def on check list but gonna find a good cheap one.

I need to start testing more lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. If you have the time you can just switch over right away and do a 1 gallon water change every other day

Once it's where I want to be, can go back to using coral pro by using the same method 1gal every other day to transition back to coral pro right.

Once it's where I want to be, can go back to using coral pro by using the same method 1gal every other day to transition back to coral pro right.

Once you get to where you want to be you can go back to RSCP salt and do small water changes weekly (3-4 gallons). You will need decent test kits for Nitrates and Magnesium. Personally I like Salifert for those. For Alk I use API because it's easy to do. Do you have a lot of SPS? or high SPS colonies?

Latest posts