Need recommendations

I need some help guys on two different things. Would u guys recommend using a Hanna Checker for calcium or buy a salifert calcium test kit. The second recommendation is for additives would you use Red Sea Reef Energy A and B or AcroPower?
Thanks for the help guys.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Hanna Checkers are super easy and personally I would love to have one for Cal as I only have one for PO4. Salifert are good as well and I've used those. Currently I use Red Sea test kits. As far as the next question I have used both and prefers acropower as it's set up on my doser and does not have to be refrigerated.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
The Hanna Calcium is a PITA to use. I used one for a couple of years but got fed up with testing. I've then switched to Salifert and I find myself testing more because it's easy.

As far as the red sea a & b, is the ca and alk? If so, it's completely different from Acropower.

I once too used a Hanna Calcium checker...it was plagued with problems. I don't know if they ever fixed it, but I would never use it again. Total pain in the arse!

Hanna is great for Phos and ALK, but NOT for Calcium. Either Salifert of Red Sea is the way to go for Cal.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
The Hanna Calcium is a PITA to use. I used one for a couple of years but got fed up with testing. I've then switched to Salifert and I find myself testing more because it's easy.

As far as the red sea a & b, is the ca and alk? If so, it's completely different from Acropower.
They have a A & B for aminos.

What about gor amino supplements, would u guys go Red Sea Reef Energy or AcroPower??
Still I would say AcroPower. Does not have to be kept refrigerated and mixed like the Red Sea Reef Energy A & B. Set it on a doser and walk away.

Latest posts