Not input on skimz DC skimmer owners.

My Tank Build
If u own a skimz dc skimmer I'd like your thoughts on there pumps. I'd also like to know a few specs too. Like what size are the intake and outlet connection?
I recently bought a skimz VSC5000-DC pump off eBay. I needed a replacement pump for my i-Tech skimmer cause my Tunze hydrofoamer took a crap. Well I wanted to get an upgraded pump for the itech anyways. Well I found the skimz dc pump on eBay and the starting bid was $100. So said screw it and put a max bet of $120 on it. Well no one else bid on it so I'm now the owner of a skims VSC5000-DC skimmer pump. But I've searched the net and can't find any info on the pumps. Their reviews are 4 out of 5 stars. I'd just like to know if there's any socali reefers with this pump on there skimmer.

I have one of the DC pump Skimz. I believe the motor block is the same as a Jeboa and only the controller is made for Skimz. I've swapped out pieces from Jeboa, Reef Octo, and Skimz on these pumps and they all seem to fit into each other.

And regarding the pumps quality, initially the pump went out went out twice in the 1st year. Since they swapped controllers, I haven't had an issue though. I think they fixed they issue since when they changed from the black Jeboa controller over to the orange one.

My Tank Build
Well I've had the skimz pump on my itech for 5 days now and I say it's so far pretty nice. It took a day to get it dialed in with the skimmer. I seem to be getting a nice head and good skim. I think I need to drill the holes a bit bigger on the skimmer tho. I had to reduce the outlet of the pump to 3/4" from 1 1/4". So the pump only runs at 50% or it sucks in way to much air when the pump is at full power.

Latest posts