My jbj 45 build thread

Hello all as some of you may know this is my first saltwater tank ever. It has been a reall long wait moving into the new home then waiting for wooden floors to be added and so on. This past Sunday the tank got filled and has been running for 3 days now :) as I said I am new so any input and recommendations are welcome.

This is my current setup
Jbj 45 rimless with stand I painted white
Tunze 9004 skimmer
Aquamaxx reactor
Marineland 150w heater
Ocean revive 120w led light
Smart ato

Filtration
In the media cart things I have water polish on the top then seachem pond matrix on the bottom two of both baskets. Reactor is running aquamaxx carbon.

Attachments

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Be careful with the rock being so close to the glass. It'll be a PITA to clean later on.

Be careful with the rock being so close to the glass. It'll be a PITA to clean later on.
I passed my hand as well as flipper scrubber and another algae scrubber along the whole thing to make sure of this the only place it is close to the glass is the top left where the rock comes out of the water, everywhere else my hand and tool I have clear. I would hate to have it so close where later it becomes a pain which was my goal not to have.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Oh good. BTW, aquascape looks good. What kind of corals are you going to put in there?

Oh good. BTW, aquascape looks good. What kind of corals are you going to put in there?
After your comment i moved the left rock so i can clear on the top left when cleaning :) Honestly i am not too good on the names of what i want. I follow CJs aquarium on youtube and i have his exact setup. He was my inspiration in a way. I love what he has. here is his videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSqCFzx0-5k&t=765s

I have two brand new JBJ 45 Gallon InTank media baskets if you are interested. I have the same tank and don't plan on using them.

Nice video!

SantaMonicaHelp

Hello all as some of you may know this is my first saltwater tank ever. It has been a reall long wait moving into the new home then waiting for wooden floors to be added and so on. This past Sunday the tank got filled and has been running for 3 days now :) as I said I am new so any input and recommendations are welcome.

This is my current setup
Jbj 45 rimless with stand I painted white
Tunze 9004 skimmer
Aquamaxx reactor
Marineland 150w heater
Ocean revive 120w led light
Smart ato

Filtration
In the media cart things I have water polish on the top then seachem pond matrix on the bottom two of both baskets. Reactor is running aquamaxx carbon.
Hi Antonio,

Congratulations with the first tank :)
The progress is looking good! Have you started thinking about the stock for the tank?

Zhenya

After your comment i moved the left rock so i can clear on the top left when cleaning :) Honestly i am not too good on the names of what i want. I follow CJs aquarium on youtube and i have his exact setup. He was my inspiration in a way. I love what he has. here is his videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSqCFzx0-5k&t=765s
I have two brand new JBJ 45 Gallon InTank media baskets if you are interested. I have the same tank and don't plan on using them.

Nice video!
I just got a 45 and was thinking about these. May I ask why you wont be using so I don't end up making a mistake.

Didn't mean to jump on the threat just got curious.

Latest posts