Plumbing advice

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
I would recommend supporting the manifold, your are putting alloy. of pressure on the bulkheads

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Can you elaborate more on your comment. What could I use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Use non-metal plumber tape (not the telfon thread kind) to secure to the top of stand.
Ill try to find a pic for you

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Is this normal for a return line or do I need more gph (bigger pump)
https://vimeo.com/200570596

That's fine if you have power heads with enough flow. Personally I like slow flow through the sump, that's how I had my 45g set up. If you ever go to Ali's shop, that's the way he runs his tanks

i love low flow through the sump... i used to have a crazy high flow return and no pumps in the tank... but only some corals like it... and i felt like my skimmer wasn't skimming enough... once i lowered the GPH, my skimmer would pull out more gunk....

https://vimeo.com/200618310

So this is my end result. Not bad for a newbie who's never done pvc work. It's not rocket science but it was challenging that it I went to bed at 2:30am. Woke up n turned pumps back on. Used christy's red hot glue. Thank you everyone for your input.

I have leak where I joined a valve with pvc. Any advice to fix it with out redoing it. Luckily me it leaks into sump. Someone mentioned to smear christy hot glue where I have the leak n it should be fixed.

Latest posts