GFO advice

How much gfo do you recommend. I been using API test kit for phosphate n it reads .25-.5. Just ordered a Hanna phosphate n won't here till Monday. I have a 56g. First time using this so what do you guys recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe its 1gram per gallon, but you want to start off with less in the beginning. I'd start with half the recommended dose than gradually work your way up to full dose over a few months

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
How much gfo do you recommend. I been using API test kit for phosphate n it reads .25-.5. Just ordered a Hanna phosphate n won't here till Monday. I have a 56g. First time using this so what do you guys recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Size tank again and how big is your reactor?

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Someone may shoot me but fill a 1/8 of it up and see how that does. Screw directions on GFO haha. But wait tell you get your new test kit in so you can properly test it.

johnq1e

i would start slow, my reactor usually is running at 25% with GFO. In the past i was in a hurry to remove phosphates and filled up 60% of the reactor and that messed up my tank pretty good.

Someone may shoot me but fill a 1/8 of it up and see how that does. Screw directions on GFO haha. But wait tell you get your new test kit in so you can properly test it.
This last time I ran GFO, I measured "a **** ton" and ran it through. And two weeks later, I think I need a **** ton more cause the algae and cyano haven't subsided.