Anyone else hanging their T5 fixture at an angle?

Just came from [MENTION=11341]Rakie[/MENTION] 's house and saw that his fixture was angled. Clever idea. I know Mike [MENTION=11392]thegrun[/MENTION] has his hydras like this as well and the concept is clever.

So I decided to do it myself.

What do you guys think? Not sure how I feel about it yet lol

Last edited:

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
My T5's are so far up my canopy I don't have any issues but my LED's are angled. I do it to make it bearable to sit on the couch and watch tv

I am!

I do it for a few reasons. First, it lets me not get blasted in the eyes like Spark. That's not the original reason i did it, but that was the most immediate impact. Second, my lights are a little toward the front end of my light tree and angling it back lets everything in my top back area get the light from more bulbs than if it were hanging level.

Most importantly -- It's spectacular in the tank of [MENTION=11392]thegrun[/MENTION] it makes the coral grow out like stadium seating and really gives you the best view of all the corals. He uses a more directional light source, AI hydra 52 HD's, it may not be as effective with T5 due to the wide dispersion pattern of T5 lighting.

Latest posts