60g Rimless Mostly SPS Reef

CoralNerd

CoralNerd
Supporter
Looking good, do you use a calcium reactor or two part? If two part, what's your daily consumption and product used?

Looking good, do you use a calcium reactor or two part? If two part, what's your daily consumption and product used?
Nope, Ive never used a calcium reactor. I supplement with Red Sea A,B. I use coral colors too. I dose Calcium by hand when it gets low. The parameters are very stable on this tank which is a good thing. I believe it has to do with the salt I use - aquaforest reef salt. The tank was receiving 8mls of Red Sea B per day and my KH rose to 9.4; I like to keep the KH from 7-8. Turned the doser off and a week later the KH was at 8.1 with no dosing. So now I only dose 4mls of Red Sea B.

I used Red Sea NoPox in order to control PO4 and NO3 but now I don't anymore since many of my montis and some acros began turning pale/receding from low nutrients despite 10mls/day of Reef Energy A,B. I have a Reef Octopus Prime 200Int skimmer which is overkill. Ive turned that off in the last few days, hoping to see more polyp extension from the accumulating nutrients and stopped with the Reef Energy. I'm hoping that the normal feeding of fish will sustain the corals food demand. UV has been turned off for now too. I also have a nextreef solid media reactor filled with siporax and DeNitrate to help with the organic breakdown.

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Amazing! Look so much bigger than a 60g. How is your regal? Any nipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing! Look so much bigger than a 60g. How is your regal? Any nipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thankyou! Yes, a lot unfortunately, the regal does nip all my acros so their polyps stay mostly retracted during the day. I have a feeling if I were to take it out some of the slower growers would start growing more and maybe show more color. She does leave my stylophoras, pocilloporas, 1 chalice colony, clams and zoa rock completely unharmed. But likes acropora and sponge. However, ive had the fish 2.5 years now and have become attached to it, so the corals have to tolerate the nipping.

A 135g fowlr is is the works... I Just need a stand and I'm ready, then the regal will go in there. I'm interested if this will make a difference in coral health

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
[MENTION=10764]Reefer6[/MENTION] any updates? Would love to see the growth and color change in the 1 month that has passed.

Latest posts