MiniMax Midsize All-in-One Media Reactor - Feedback

JC Reef

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi everyone!

I'm currently getting all the accessories before I start the cycle process for my "Innovative Marine Fusion 30L". Do I need a MiniMax Midsize All-in-One Media Reactor? What are the perks I gain from this reactor? For anyone that currently uses this reactor, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

dontavo27

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
My Tank Build
I think the benefit from using these reactors is that they fit in most IM filtration compartments. They can be a little tuff to dial in for any one who hasn't used them before, but once you dial them in you can mark the body with a sharpy to pinpoint the desired flow rate. I find them easier to clean then other reactors, but that's just me.

JC Reef

Premium Member
Supporter
Which reactor/tank do you have? Do you think I can get away with using the smaller reactor for desktop size, or should I just get what's required "mid size reactor".

Thanks for your feedback.

I think the benefit from using these reactors is that they fit in most IM filtration compartments. They can be a little tuff to dial in for any one who hasn't used them before, but once you dial them in you can mark the body with a sharpy to pinpoint the desired flow rate. I find them easier to clean then other reactors, but that's just me.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
What kind of media are you going to use in the reactor? GFO, yes, a media reactor will make the media more effective. GAC, then not a must have.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I wanted to do GFO or NP-Active Pearls if I buy a reactor.
ahh, yes, definitely need a reactor for that. If you're running biopellets, take a look at the Aquamaxx FRs reactor but for GFO, I like the IM reactor.

JC Reef

Premium Member
Supporter
ahh, yes, definitely need a reactor for that. If you're running biopellets, take a look at the Aquamaxx FRs reactor but for GFO, I like the IM reactor.

I got a sweet deal on eBay for "MiniMax All-In-One Media Reactor #7302 MidSize" for under $65 with free SH. I used my eBay bucks and thr buyer accepted my offer. The reactor is brand new :rockon:

Which GFO do you recommend?

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I got a sweet deal on eBay for "MiniMax All-In-One Media Reactor #7302 MidSize" for under $65 with free SH. I used my eBay bucks and thr buyer accepted my offer. The reactor is brand new :rockon:

Which GFO do you recommend?
BRS makes great GFO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts