First build thread

So went to sealing the inside of the stand with silicone this morning here's some pics

Little sloppy but I'll touch up on it a little after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

little extra sealing and some clean up paint. Will seal the bottom board once I get inside got a few supports I need under it for sump. Really liking the overall can't wait to put together

Picked up some gate valves from marine depot this week. Tanks been empty and just running haven't got much done cause wife wanted me to build her a green house. But I'm planning on emptying the tank and removing it from the house today and bringing it to the garage so I can start plumbing. I'm also picking up my acrylic pane from John at AA today for the front of the stand. It will be attached with magnets for removal. It will be beveled and with beveled handles to match. I will post come progress pictures when I get the tank out of the house.

deefish714

Started plumbing the tank yesterday. Just dry fitting the plumbing waiting on a few more pieces to come in. Here's some pics

Tank plumbed received the acrylic front panel from Jon at advanced acrylics. Leak tested this weekend everything no leaks Waiting for my custom magnets so I can attach the acrylic to my steel stand here's a few pictures. Put the tank inside and hooked up light. Currently fixing up a batch of fritz to get her all filled and going.Sorry for the weak quality i phone pics and my sons photo bomb. [/IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
good looking build and you got skillz! I like your canopy, but with my 2 year old I didnt want him staring up at the light so I went enclosed.
I would suggest getting sched 40 pipe clamps from the electrical dept instead of the metal ones.

I received my reactors and the magnets for the front acrylic pane for the stand. Also picked up a fuge lamb and bulb. Sorry for the poop pics iPad and iPhone just does not cut it to the craftsmanship done here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Try to shade the fuge light from the rest of the sump or else the sump will get algae everywhere

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Some buy these foam sheets from craft stores and use them like partitions

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Latest posts