Good silent return pump

If plumbed correctly with hard pipes, you would not need to use any flex, spa, vinyl, or silicone tubing.
So would you say it's the pump that's my issue? It's not a hum sound it's like when two plastics are vibrating. Do they make lubricant thats reef safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So would you say it's the pump that's my issue? It's not a hum sound it's like when two plastics are vibrating. Do they make lubricant thats reef safe?

no its the pump. like others have mentioned the 3.0 is pretty noisy. I have had personal experience with this pump.

Your best is to get a DC pump. you are over analyzing this. Most of the the recommendation that we all have suggested are to use a sp2 or a DC pump. The jebao pump that you post is good too, but remember they don have any warranty. Get one from you local LFS, in case you need support you can talk to someone personally in person. Hit up Matt@apieceof theocean, Darrell@alldelight, Ali@amazingreef chad/steve@coralgazer to get a price on our Aqua Excel DC pump or our new release Periha Dc Pump. For warranty or product support we are located in Placentia and just a phone call away.

Do you guys think a vectra m1 will be tooooooo much for my tank? What's the gph at the lowest if anyone happens to know?

Ok so I fixed my problem with this syncra sicca 3.0 pump. After hours at looking and probing at my pump on what was making the rattling sound I figured it out. I am just a lil upset how simple it was to fix this issue of mine. It was the flow control thing (don't know technical word) on my pump. I removed it n it's silent . Thank you everyone for all your advice n hopefully someone will learn from my mistake n not try to spend more $$$ when the issue was so simple. I was right under my nose . Again thank you SCR members!!!

N8Allen

I LOVE my Vectra. Was money well spent. A couple days ago I had my first problem with it. The power supply fried. They overnighted me a new one without hesitation. Love dealing with those guys.

I've had an eheim 1250 running my UV sterilizer, the chinese knock off Simplicity DC pump currently running the return to my tank, and a Red Dragon by Royal Exclusiv. The RD DC pump beats them all in terms of noise. The Eheim and Simplicity DC pump have a slight whine to them. However, the eheim is tried and proven, the chinese is an inexpensive option, the Red Dragon is best. It really depends on how much $$ you have on hand.

Order of Silence
Red Dragon>Simplicity DC=Eheim

Order of Price
Simplicity DC>Eheim>Red Dragon

Hope this helps. :)

I just ripped out a Sicce Syncra 3.0. That thing was freight train loud. Put in a Reef Octopus Varios 4 DC pump and can't even tell it's running. Ebay has some Deepwater Aquatics DC pumps that are well reviewed and aren't crazy expensive.