Yasha Goby: WFT???

So back in mid November, I ordered a captive bred yasha goby and pistol shrimp from Diver's Den to get free shipping. During acclimation, the yasha looked really big and healthy and the pistol shrimp was about the size of my fingernail. Well, after that day, I never save them again...So RIP.

Fast forward to today, three months later and the freaking bastard just pops to the front of my tank, out of nowhere with the pistol, who's now twice his since since I got him.

I freaking hate fish sometimes...

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
So back in mid November, I ordered a captive bred yasha goby and pistol shrimp from Diver's Den to get free shipping. During acclimation, the yasha looked really big and healthy and the pistol shrimp was about the size of my fingernail. Well, after that day, I never save them again...So RIP.

Fast forward to today, three months later and the freaking bastard just pops to the front of my tank, out of nowhere with the pistol, who's now twice his since since I got him.

I freaking hate fish sometimes...
haha I guess you really didn't pay attention to your tank, there is usually indications that there is a pistol in your tank besides the snapping :p

haha I guess you really didn't pay attention to your tank, there is usually indications that there is a pistol in your tank besides the snapping :p
Dude, I looked all over! Just NOW I've been noticing sand piling up. I don't know what else to look for. What did I miss?

I was thinking of the same thing, But than again his screen name is "@Confuse"...:ridinghorse:

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Dude, I looked all over! Just NOW I've been noticing sand piling up. I don't know what else to look for. What did I miss?
usually sand blown up it weird places but you gotta observe for a long time to spot them. They are great hiders I'll give you that. I found mine after 3 weeks lol and they were in a 20g...

My Yasha pops out where I can see him all the time, but I barely ever get any glimpses of the shrimp. I do hear the pistol snapping, so he must be alive in there somewhere.

Seriously biggest waste of tank money, imho.

I never see my bastards.

I occasionally hear the pistol, but do I ever see either of the fuckers? Nope.

3,4,5 months maybe?

Sent from my 1+3t

Mine is a Randalls. I THINK my pinkbar is still alive. But i do not know.

I took the rock of if the old tank they made a home in, and didn't find them.

Put it in the new tank, and a whole mess of sand got pushed out for over an hour.

I have not seen those bastards since. I'm tempted frag the **** rock.

Sent from my 1+3t

unchin

Mine likes to hide right in front of the tank where I can see them the best. It lives with two randall pistol shrimps. One male one female. I've seen eggs on the female before too. I'll try to get a picture of him sometime.

I believe the goby i purchased with my pistol died, and that is the reason that i never saw it any more.

I put my yasha i purchased separately, and they went right to work at the front of the tank.

Sent from my 1+3t

I had something similar happen with mine, I just have the yasha for now but I purchased him 5 months ago, never saw again and assumed he was a goner..until 3 weeks ago I had to adjust some plumbing and bam, there he was chilling in the overflow box. Still haven't got him out

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

I had something similar happen with mine, I just have the yasha for now but I purchased him 5 months ago, never saw again and assumed he was a goner..until 3 weeks ago I had to adjust some plumbing and bam, there he was chilling in the overflow box. Still haven't got him out

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk
Yasha's are notorious for that kind of crap! They're so small. Mine eventually died stuck on the super expensive Artfully Acrylic Frame I bought for him to keep him from jumping out. =\