Why I love running a calcium reactor

My Tank Build
So back in August when I setup my 150 I dialed in my calrx be setting the effluent almost at full stream and stated a 6.9pH in the reactor. Every other day I would drop the pH until my alk stoped falling. Then after a few more days of having the alk stay level I just dosed to bring up my alk, cal, and mag.
Well it's literally been sense mid September sense I have done any testing of any sort on the tank. Let's just say I'm a little low on goal parameters but every parameter is a touch low. Like my cal is at 360 and mag is at 1320 and alk is at 8.4 (Red Sea pro test kit). Even everything else is just a touch low like potassium and iodine. So all I did was clean my reactor/media and put a few cups extra of media in the reactor and drop the pH by 0.1. That was last weekend and as of today it's still lightly low but alk has gone up 2 points, cal up 10ppm and mag 20ppm. So I'm just going to put the pH back up a 0.1 and see what happens and hope just by adding the extra media that was enough to bring my levels good again. But we all know that slow changes are the best in this hobby and so have that little of a change in my parameters over 4 months I'm loving that calrx right now. O yea let me add that I still have never done a water change on this tank, so it's not like water changes are keeping parameters right.

Latest posts