Rodi

Fellow reefers
I have a question regarding a BRS RODI unit, I just replaced the DI resin in my unit and my TDS meter is showing a reading of 003 ppm will this reading go back to 0, it was at 0 before, should I use the water , I only use it to replenish for evaporation water.
Thanks

^^^^^what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
But... Here in Anaheim , TDS can be rediculous. I have used RODI with 3ppm with no ill affects. Wouldn't suggest doing that long term, but in a pinch it'd work

Alright I'm on the 20th gal and the reading is going up instead down , right now is showing a reading of 004 ppm, I'm going to need water ASAP to makeup for evaporation can I use it as is?
Thanks

Alright I'm on the 20th gal and the reading is going up instead down , right now is showing a reading of 004 ppm, I'm going to need water ASAP to makeup for evaporation can I use it as is?
Thanks
Yes, you can use it.Back in the day people used water straight from the hose and just added stuff like Prime to dechlorinate the water and they kept reef tanks. I change my DI when it hits 10ppm. Before I got an RODI unit I used just RO water with can be at 20ppm with no problems.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
is this after the di? or after ro membrane. if its after di your ro membrane possibly depleted
Thanks

Unit is about 6 months old meter showed 0 from day 1 until I changed the DI resin Saturday night , and yes I packed the resin myself on to the cartridge as the instruction on the videos from BRS. I was told to let it run for about 25 gallons , and then check but still there is reading of 002 , and that the TDS may be calibrated

bvysochin

Supporter
2020 POTM
Oak View, CA 93022- about 15 min from Ventura
How are you measuring the TDS? With an inline meter, or with a tds meter that you dunk in the container? How many DI cartridges ? How old is the Di resin ? It has a shelf life and can be expired. If you have two di cartridges, did you change DI in both or just one ? Is the water channeling it's way through the Di resin ? 2 tds is still really low.. and I wouldnt worry about using it as top off water until you can figure out how to get it down to 0.

Latest posts