NanoReefer's 37T Reef Build

Went with Fiji pink sand for the display and oolite for the refugium, rubble rock put in the sump and 45 lbs of live rock in the display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now to wait for the tank to clear up. It's been about an hour since I took this picture and it's almost cleared up.

Zik

I've always been happy with current lights, affordable and they get the job done.

Sounds like you have expanse with them. I currently have the orbit marine ICs, so far so good! it's my first reef as well so I have no prior experience to compare them to

Tank is mostly cleared up. After work today I'll stay working the kinks out of the system. Few things I see I need to change a little.

Did you test out when if your sump can hold water from tank when power shuts down?
I sure did and dang it is close! Lol. I've got like half an inch to spare.. wish I would have made the baffles slightly shorter.

I'm considering adding a ball valve to the return, it's too strong on its lowest settting..

Been a while since I updated this.. I completely rebuilt my sump due to the old baffles being a little too high for my liking and a weird yellow build up on the silicone. This new configuration is flawless. Everything is working like I want. I'm going to be putting in a skimmer stand tho.

Latest posts