NanoReefer's 37T Reef Build

Hey guys, so iv'e had this tank sitting empty for months due to a very busy work life. Things are finally slowing down at work for a good 3 months, perfect time for me to get this going.

Wish I would have taken a few pictures of what this looked like before with the 29 gallon that came with the stand but all I have is this single bad quality picture that I found.

I ended up getting rid of the 29G and purchasing a brand new 37 Tall from my LFS. I then painted the stand and canopy a nice gloss white. I also painted the back of the tank with a gloss black.

I'm going to turn my 11.5 gallon nano reef into the sump/fuge for this tank, hope it works out.

When I first set that little guy up.

Now it's going to be used to clean poop. haha
Picked up a BM NAC3.5 with pump upgrade from dorkymk3, thanks again.

Just ordered a VorTech MP10 QD, Current Orbit Marine LED light, I may be getting a second one of these depending on the coral i plan to keep. I also went ahead and ordered the eshopps overflow box too.

Still need to find the right return pump.. been looking at pumps all day. I'm also considering an HOB/external fuge if i even go with a fuge at all to make more room in the sump. I will be adding plenty of LR to it tho.

just got the custom rimless refugium in today (thanks Ellis Aquatics). it's getting there.. I will start plumbing this weekend. I have the tanks sitting on a cardboard box for now so they fit. I need to build a base for them that also raises them up a few inches to avoide hitting the door hinges.

built the sump/fuge base and painted it with some killz and put the baffles in the sump, decided to test this design out, i hope it works out. will be testing it within the next few days after I get the plumbing done. probably going to make a small stand for the skimmer. not sure of size yet, I will have to test the skimmer out first.

Speaker73

Premium Member
Supporter
built the sump/fuge base and painted it with some killz and put the baffles in the sump, decided to test this design out, i hope it works out. will be testing it within the next few days after I get the plumbing done. probably going to make a small stand for the skimmer. not sure of size yet, I will have to test the skimmer out first.

You're going to need a tall stand for that skimmer with that depth in the first chamber imo.

Speaker73

Premium Member
Supporter
you think so? the skimmer calls for 8-10" water depth, the baffle is 10.5"
Maybe not. I think I'm shooting of my mouth again without any real experience. I just looked and measured my skimmer and the aquamaxx co-1 is in 9 inches of water and doing fine.

Started the plumbing, I'm thinking of down sizing the return to 3/4".. my pumps outlet is 1" so I was wanting to keep it the same. Thoughts? This is all dry fit, I also have several unions I'll be adding. Drain pipe not yet put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts