1st time ever with saltwater

Haha. I have spent less on my small tank than some people have spent on their lighting (i.e. People with 2-3 Hydra 52HDs).
But I totally say the same thing to anyone that ask about it. "I don't recommend starting a tank but if you do it's awesome."

On another forum a guy said, "it's about $1000 per 10 gallons."
LOL no... the rule is like... doesn't matter if you setup a 40g or a 100g, it's going to cost around a grand to set it up, equipment, rocks whatever... and from there, you can either start investing in higher end stuff, or just do all the testing and maintenance yourself.. some people spend a grand on a 50g cube with a stand... LOL... it's all relative....

i had a nice planted tank fora while... it was fun to setup, easy to maintain, and cheap to setup... only expensive thing was the soil... one day i'll set it up again.... LOL...

LOL no... the rule is like... doesn't matter if you setup a 40g or a 100g, it's going to cost around a grand to set it up, equipment, rocks whatever... and from there, you can either start investing in higher end stuff, or just do all the testing and maintenance yourself.. some people spend a grand on a 50g cube with a stand... LOL... it's all relative....

i had a nice planted tank fora while... it was fun to setup, easy to maintain, and cheap to setup... only expensive thing was the soil... one day i'll set it up again.... LOL...
I know some people spend more than others. I'm making a 58gallon with 20 gallon sump. Already have everything to run it (besides the light and a heater) cost me around $350 with rock,stand,sand,skimmer,pumps,chiller,salt mix to fill it. Most expensive thing I bought for it was the RO/DI which I didn't include in the first price.... had issues needed to replace filters. Set me back about $370. But.. it cost me $12 in gas per trip to get water.

Latest posts